Prop size for 21SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricochet

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my existing prop on my 2015 21SE with Yamaha 150. Per previous post, having some difficulty getting on plane at times. I was told the prop might need some work when I purchased the boat recently. Was wondering what others were using - mine is Yamaha reliance series 17 141/4 - one post mentioned they were using a 16 pitch. Speed not my priority. I spoke to a local prop shop - they no longer sell new props (due to on-line competition). My plan is to get a new one with lower pitch and have the current one reconditioned at some point in time. Also any recommendations for good source to purchase new prop (with some technical support)?

Thanks!

Go with a 15 I’ve had my 21se for 15 years and the 15 is perfect

Ive had my 1996 21 DV with a Merc 225 2 stroke for two years now. She gets on plane right now and the top speed is 35 mph. Im okay with the speed, in Southern California I can rarely run WOT. My problem is it wont stay on plane at anything less than 3400 rpm. Id like to be able to run a little slower and not get beat to death at sea. Im running a 16X13 aluminum three bladed prop.

Swapped the original for a yamaha aluminum 15 1/4" by 15. Only size yamaha offers. Put a 100 +miles on the boat between yesterday and today and can say I love it. It did take my cruising rpm from 37 to 4300 rpm and eats up a little more fuel. But I'm getting 38.5 with bottom paint on an 05 yami 150

Back