prop size for a 2320 with a merc 225 efi

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Swapped motors and the 19" Laser II is not enough RPMs 5100 with a load. Anybody running this boat with this motor? Dropping to the 17", would that be just right? Thanks Randy

My 2 cents.

The Laser II is the wrong prop for that boat. The Laser II is designed for a light load runabout/bassboat.

The right prop for that boat combo would be one of the following.

17pitch Mirage Plus
18pitch Enertia
17pitch Revolution 4

Just my 2 cents.

captbone":10om01rm said:
My 2 cents.

The Laser II is the wrong prop for that boat. The Laser II is designed for a light load runabout/bassboat.

The right prop for that boat combo would be one of the following.

17pitch Mirage Plus
18pitch Enertia
17pitch Revolution 4

Just my 2 cents.

yup...

If you keep a sharp eye out, you can find a 17 pitch Mirage Plus for less than $200.00 on ebay.com or www. thehulltruth.com.

OK Thanks. This is due to an engine swap from the Seacraft. I know most of you have Yamaha's but I didn't know if you use a 1.75 gear ratio like the Merc. I have looked at the prop replies over the past few weeks about the Yamaha props. We are a proud owner getting ready for the gulf fishing, we are lucky to have the river in the back yard to run the Parker.

A Mirage Plus 17P. Said that it was like new. I priced around here with $605 list and a discount to $504. The reserve was $225 and got out bidded the last few minutes, but I'm happy. That was my first E-Bay purchase.

I have that same prop on my 225 OX66 (2520 MVSC) and it gives me great performance.
Let us know how it works for you!

DSCN0032.JPG

Best cruise fuel mpg was at 4200rpm, 25.5mph, 14.6gph,1.74mpg. On a jack plate up about 3 inches. The Merc 3 liter 225EFI does like gas and oil. Maybe in a few years move up to a 4 stroke.

Latest posts

Back