propellors

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petecandy

Reaction score
Hi,everybody, I have a 1997, 2320 with a 225 yamaha salt water series 2 cycle engine also a '97. I have been running a 17m prop I believe it is original and as close as I can measure it, it looks like the radius is 6 3/4 so I guess we would call that a 13 1/2 x 17. I have been told that the correct prop is a 15x17, but I also read on this blog that one should not over prop your boat. I do fish and carry the usual junk and 3/4 gas, @ 4200 rpms I run at about 22kts. I rarely go over 4400rpms. thanks for any advice.

One of several considerations that you need to be aware of is are you able to achieve the correct WOT RPM for you engine? I'm not sure what that number is for your 225 2 stroke but for my F225 it's about 6K. You shoot for being able to achieve within 200 RPM's of the stated max for your motor. It doesn't matter if you don't run your boat WOT, it's about the set up. You need to be able to communicate what you current max RPM is now. That should be with a 1/2 or so load or a decently heavy normal load for you. Fully trimmed out at WOT. You need to be absolutely sure what you current prop is. It should be stamped on the inside of the prop by the shaft bushing. Once you know these facts, then you can get better recommendations from guys here or a professional at the prop store.

A 13 1/2 dia prop is what you would see on a 90hp motor.

Yes it needs to be larger and I believe your headed in the right direction with your pick.

. .....yup. ..what shawnee83 said! The 15X17 is more than likely what the dealer would put on. . .....that's what came on mine, but . ....I can't get WOT (5500) so I'm going down to a 15x15. Without you knowing where you are in WOT (and a few other things) it's hard to answer . .......but 13 1/2 is too small.

See this post for a bit more info. ....

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13650

Back