Proud to own my first Parker. 25CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WharfRat

Reaction score
Welcoming myself to the club and looking forward to customizing my Parker. I just picked up a 1987 Parker 25 CC (12°). Very excited to get the project started. Hoping to get some good input here!

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 436
Hi WharfRat. Welcome! In fall of 2011 I bought the 1990 version of your boat. She was bought from a guide down in the naples area and was pretty rough, but the floor and transom were solid. Your boat looks to be in much better shape. I did a lot of work, and sunk in alot of money, including a new Honda 200 HP 4 stroke. That said, I have no regrets. The boat is fantastic, and does everything I could ask and much more. The Capt I bought the hull from assured me that 200hp would be plenty, and even said I could get by with 150! Some of the fellas on this board were advising me to go with a 250. Utimately, I e-mailed the Parker engineers, who informed me these boats were rated for 150-225 hp. So I went with 200 and she is plenty fast and fairly easy on fuel.

Just curious, what is your leaning post like? Since the attached pics were taken, I've added some shelves to mine, as well as an umbrella stand (not a t-top kind of guy). I have a feeling mine was post-factory. Do you have bow seats? In the pics, the top deck and console are painted off-white, but the whole lower hull has been done since then. Looks like your gel coat is in much better shape, so it may not be an issue for you. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. These are great boats and you can't buy'em new anymore.

Peter Boettger
Greenville, NC

Attachments

• parker25%20068[1].JPG
    parker25%20068[1].JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 317
  • parker25%20066[1].JPG
    parker25%20066[1].JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 317
  • parker25%20065[1].JPG
    parker25%20065[1].JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 317
  • river-boat%20016[1].JPG
    river-boat%20016[1].JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 317
  • river-boat%20017[2].JPG
    river-boat%20017[2].JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 317
  • river-boat%20019[1].JPG
    river-boat%20019[1].JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 317
Sorry for the delay, been slammed finishing the boat in time. Nice work restoring your vessel, looks great. I'm still working out a few kinks but she's mostly done. THe new gelcoat on the deck and bulkheads came out great and what difference compared to the old factory splatter. The leaning post that came with the vessel is one of the few items I kept original as it was a nice piece. It was made by LeRay Marine who I believe is no longer in business. I'll post more pics. She's going great with the new BF250. Sits a little low and I hope to re-bracket next winter with a floatation bracket. She'll be fine for the season.

Attachments

• small pics1.jpg
    small pics1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 259
  • small pics2.jpg
    small pics2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 259
Great looking work !
I would think big tabs would help to keep the bow in any chop. Did you change these at all ?

PS: like your handle WharfRat 8)

Now that I've had some time to run the boat I can report better on performance. The big tabs are awesome and make a huge difference pushing through chop. The Honda, now with 175 hours, is going very well and pushes the boat nicely. Top speed is about 35 knots with no big load. She'll cruise easily around 4000 in the 20 knot range. She sips fuel and barely uses much more that my '05 DF140 on my 22'

POGE":9mnotoj7 said:
Great looking work !
I would think big tabs would help to keep the bow in any chop. Did you change these at all ?

PS: like your handle WharfRat 8)

Back