Pulled the trigger on a repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-j

Reaction score
My trusty OX-66 250HP finally had a career-ending injury toward the end of last season. Somehow, a piece of a piston head blew off and trashed one of the cylinders at full speed. I also found out that the lower unit had a slow leak in the lubricating reservoir and needs to be fixed/replaced.

I could have put a new power head and lower unit on, but decided to go with a new engine. Current engine was 12 seasons old.

So, i am putting a Suzuki 250 four stroke on the ass end of Hurricane. I had a Suzuki four on my Sisu and loved it. Very excited (although not excited about the cost). Got the "boat show" deal with a $1400 rebate and a six year warranty. So this season I am expecting:

Total reliability

Quieter operating

Less/no visible exhaust and stink

Better fuel economy

Most importantly, a "new toy"!

... you forgot to add the AWESOME growl as she accelerates! Whomever tuned the exhaust to achieve that sound was a racer for sure! Either that, or they've heard P-51 Mustangs buzz the field with their Merlins engines throttling up :D !

Nice motor choice ... mine goes in for her new DF250 in a few weeks too!

Dale, you're right! A couple buddies have this engine and the growl is impressive!

Perhaps the best testimonial was from an Evinrude guy trying to sell me on the E-tec who said "look, if you do decide to go four stroke, do yourself a favor and go with a Suzuki" (he doesn't sell them).

How is the new motor coming along? Can you share some fuel numbers on the Suzuki? Looking to repower my 2520 DV.

I am up in New England, and our season hasn't started yet, so no numbers. Expect to launch mid-May. then i have to put 30 hours on it to break it in, so wouldn't expect any reasonable data until mid season or so. Will post when I have them.

Enjoy it, the Suzuki on our landing craft (DF200) has been incredible. Quiet, reliable, powerful, and good on fuel.

Back