Question about mounting liferaft.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
This should be an easy one.

I will be mounting a canister type liferaft to the roof of my 2520. I'll drill 4 holes.... not even sure what size mounting bolts but lets say for now they are 1/2 inch.

What type of sealant or product should I use to keep it water tight?

I'll take pictures and post them... hopefully I'll get it done Tuesday.

Thanks,

Richard

I had to put spacers on my life raft mount because of the hump in the middle of my 2520 roof, and I used 4200 to seal the hole and hold the starboard spacers in place !

tara11":1lz87p9s said:
I had to put spacers on my life raft mount because of the hump in the middle of my 2520 roof, and I used 4200 to seal the hole and hold the starboard spacers in place !

I'm curious... having it mounted in the middle do you have the arms of the mount so you have to pull the canister forward or back... or mounted so you have to slide it out the side? I can see where if I mount it in the middle I might have the same problem as the bracket is a very low profile.... I'm also thinking of mounting it off center..... I've tried to anticipate where I would want to be trying to wrestle it out of its mount during a disaster. It will have a hydrostatic release should the boat sink to the appropriate depth.. which it probably would not.. but just in case.'

Do you have pictures?

Thanks

Back