Question about speed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flytyingguy1

Reaction score
I have a 2006 2320 pilot house with a F200 Yamaha 4 stroke engine. I was at a Salt ater Expo a coupe of weeks ago & there was a Parker dealer there. I stopped to talk to him & got talking about RPM's & Speed. He told me my boat should get 40-42 MPH at 6000RPM's. I haven't gotten more than 33-34 Flat out?? I have a 3 blade prop. Can anyone explain why I'm not getting the higher speed? Thanks Ron

Flytyingguy1":3phtdu2m said:
I haven't gotten more than 33-34 Flat out??
Can anyone explain why I'm not getting the higher speed?
Sure, easy! He's a SALESMAN ... not a BOATER!

Heck, my big ol' 25 will hit 40mph with a clean running bottom, 1st few runs in the Spring ... but then I load her up with fishing gear, cabin and safety gear, full fuel, and paint the bottom ... and throw on crew, ice, and all other crap that ADDS weight to the boat ... and you can easily see why no boat ever made EVER lives up to the salesman's claims for performance.

He's simply quoting a factory test with a clean non-painted hull, 2 guys, 1/2-fuel or less, and an otherwise 'empty' boat. The only way mine will likely see any speed > 40MPH ... will be whilst towed down the highway ;) !

Wow Thanks for your fast replys guy's! I just called my Dealer here on Long Island & they said just about the same as you! Empty boat,unpainted bottom ETC. They told me they will look into this matter & get back to me. Tks again Fellows! Have a wonderful day & great fishing season................Ron

Tks for the info but the guy at the show had a 2320 w 200 with specks stating that the 200F would do 40-42MPH I will see what happens this yr with less fuel & less Equipment! That's one reason I didn't get a center consel! Way To Much Stuff! When Bass Pro or Cabela's has something back ordered they Call Me to see If I'll cover there back order orders! :D

My 2003 2320DVSC with a 2003 F225 four stroke with bottom paint, half tank of gas, equipment, and two men will just touch 40 only on a glass flat day with no wind. I have GPS, paddlewheel, and Yummi gauge and they never read the same anyways. By the way thats at 5900 with the factory blade. But if you look down at your 12 GPH fuel consumption you will want to ease her down to cruise pretty fast. Mine seems to cruise really well between 25 and 30 with satisfactory fuel flow that I don't remenber what it is right now. 6? 7? 9?

Tks Buddy. No I never run it that fast was just seeing what it would do! Funny the dealer just called be & told me to check the speed on the GPS because sometime the Speed Odomader if off ( Could be clogged Sand ETC.) I will wait until I get her back in the water & see if that is different. With this snooty weather I hope to paint the bottom Friday & take it from there! Tks again.......Ron

What are the dimensions on your prop? What rpm are you running at full throttle? How is your hole shot? Sounds like you might have too much pitch.

I am guessing the 200 on that boat should be running a 15 or 16" pitch prop, which should get you around 38 or 41 mph at 6k rpm.

Or you may just have a plugged speedo tube. :)

My 2120 SC in April will do 42mph and in September it will go 38mph, it's called TOO MUCH JUNK ONBOARD. Although this year those numbers may change with the full transom and the bracket, we'll see on Wednesday

FYI: I have a Polished SS 15-1/2 X17 3 Blade Prop

Back