Question for owners of 23' Walkaround Cuddy Cabin DV

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
My wife and I are looking at a used 23' W/A, but, would appreciate input from current or past owners of this particular model. How does the DV ride? How is it at drift? Any idea what fuel burn would be with a 250 Yamaha? Most curious about the ride, as I plan to fish out of Barnaget Inlet, NJ, and run 10-20 miles offshore with this boat, if we go ahead and try to purchase it. Any insights would be appreciated, and I would really like to hear owners state what conditions they fish/run the boat in where they are. Thanks in advance, Cycler

I have a 2006 2310 parker walkaround with an f225 yamaha on a bracket.I love the boat it is a very sturdy ride and handles the rough water i fish at the cbbt well.I drift alot for flounder during the summer and it does that well also.It is heavy with 150 gallons of fuel and i keep it topped off so fuel economy suffers a bit but it's not bad at all.

The one thing i don't like is the handling around the docks,the bracket causes the boat to slide instead of turn when in reverse, it is a bit tricky but managable.Trimming the motor up a little helps with this and it certainly would not be enough of a problem to be a deal killer.I think it's a great boat and has a better than average ride when trimmed correctly,this also comes with time on the water.I put on a 4 blade prop which lifts the stern and makes staying on plane at slower speeds possible.

In my humble opinion you can't go wrong with this boat ,especially for the way you want to use it.Take a good look around and see how many are up for sale,very few can be found and there is a reason for that.The people who have these boats hang on to them.Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.If you do get one this forum will be a great help as there are many very knowledgable boaters here who are happy to help with your questions.

i agree with the backin up, i have 2001 w.a. 23ft. d.v.200hpd brackit , pulpit long 23ft. heavy boat, handles more than i want to be in. feel very secure in any weather. tinmantoo bel air md.

Thank you both for your replies. Answered my questions as well as I could hope for. This particular boat I am looking at does not have a bracket. Motor is mounted on the transom. Only drawback I see with this boat is the lack of a live well. Still up in the air, center console vs. walkaround. My main concern is I do not have a lot of boating experience, and docking and handling this boat when I fish by myself. Thanks again, cycler

i also had a 23 wa. with out the brac. was a 91 with mod v. 2oo 2 strk.with 20h.p. kicker seemed alot lighter, handled at dock better. also very secure boat. got away from cc's for the storage spaces and a place to lay down if need be, at 74yrs old a place to rest a bit comes in handy. have had 3 parkers gotten good resale on them. tinmantoo bel air md.

Latest posts

Back