Question on 2320 Pilothouses

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WekivaMac

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm looking to buy a used 2320 pilothouse. I would prefer a deep v because I intend to use it offshore. I only see some of the 2520's that are said to be deep v's. I am wondering if any of the 2320's are available in a deep v or are they all modified v? Thanks for any help.

Scott

I WAS wanting to spend 60k or less for a 2009 or newer 2320 in great condition. However, I took my wife to Clearwater (FL) to look at the new Parkers there. That 2520 xld looks awesome ... and as a bonus, that's the one that my wife liked. My truck is rated to tow 10,500 pounds, and I'd like to leave a buffer (tow around 8,500 - 9,000#) so it looks like I should be able to tow the 2520 as long as I:

1) Get a single 300hp instead of the twin 150's
2) Get an aluminum trailer with GOOD brakes
3) Stick to 100 gallons of fuel or less while towing
4) Not bring too much gear / equipment.

I might even keep it dry docked for 5 months each year at the port that I fish out of to minimize the amount of towing I would have to do.

So to answer your question, around $100k for a new 2520 or a bit less for one a couple years old.

As your wife discovered, the extra 12" of beam in the 2520 makes for a huge increase in cockpit area.
Roughly 100 square feet in mine.

1) Get a single 300hp instead of the twin 150's
2) Get an aluminum trailer with GOOD brakes
3) Stick to 100 gallons of fuel or less while towing
4) Not bring too much gear / equipment.

I think you are on to something. :wink:

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 447
I would be very hesitant to haul a 2520 w/ a 1/2 ton pick up. Breaking will be compromised. Also, consider fully rigged, fully fueled, ice, coolers, etc... personally, I would be looking to upgrade the truck if I was committing to a 2520.

When I had my 2520XL I towed it to a local truck scale. I unhooked the trailer with the boat on the scales and it weighed 8,920 pounds. It was sitting on a galvanized Loadrite roller trailer with an electric winch. No spare tire. The boat was full to the cap with fuel. All of my safety gear, and a good amount of fishing tackle. I towed it with a 2004 Ford F250 supercab with a short bed with a fiberglass Leer cap. It was powered with the 6.0 powerstroke diesel and a 6 speed manual transmission. It had 3.73 rears. The truck pulled it with no problem. I hope that helps.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Attachments

• April 30, 2012 Fishing.jpg
    April 30, 2012 Fishing.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 369
I just pulled my 2520 from Key West to So Cal (2,800 miles) with a 1/2 ton truck. So issues. But the reason I had no issues was because I drove slow and the aluminum trailer is a 14k lbs trailer, rated to carry 12.6k lbs and had electric over hyrdaulic brakes on both torsion dexter tandem axles with 13" kodiak stainless brakes. Took 54 hours and averaged 10.2 mpg at 51.4 mph..... 3rd gear whole way......

Boat is a 2006 2520 XLD openback pilothouse (21 degree Deep Vee) and has twin Yamaha F150s. Full of fuel (200 gallons) and water (15 gallons), boat weighted in on a certified scale at 9,400 lbs. Together with aluminum trailer weight, total package was 10,720 lbs. Obviously the Deep Vees weight more than the modified vee version as noted in above post with weight....

Getting them moving isn't that difficult, it's getting them stopped....

If you don't have EOH brakes and the right equipment on your trailer, best not to attempt any distance towing a 2520 with a 1/2 ton truck....... That and to be legal a Class A license, appropriate permits, etc. etc. etc.

Attachments

• IMAG1177_1.jpg
    IMAG1177_1.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 337
Hey Scott, I just bought this year a 2320 Pilot with a Yamaha 225, had thought about going up to a 300 HP, but this saved me a lot of money, she gets up to 42 and 43 fine with trim tabs done right. Love the boat. Just my two cents, good luck!

Back