Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhendric

Reaction score
Guys, I am considering a 1996 25 foot Parker Center console. What common problems should I look for before I purchase?

jhendric":2p4w6f1l said:
Guys, I am considering a 1996 25 foot Parker Center console. What common problems should I look for before I purchase?

Do you know if the boat you are looking at is the 2500 (MV) model with 16 degrees of transom deadrise?
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_d ... p?boatid=9

Or is it the 2501 (DV) model with 21 degrees of transom deadrise?
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_d ... p?boatid=3

If you are not certain, take a look at the HIN plate on the stbd corner of the transom.
The model number should be a part of the hull identification number.

I will admit that I don't know if Parker offered both models in 1996, but the 25' center console boats use the same hulls as the WA and SC models.

My 1996 2520 MVSC is the older modified vee which has the 14 degree hull, so if the boat you are looking at is an MVCC, it will also have the 14 degree hull.

As far as what to look for... it's no different than any other boat.
A survey will look at the integrity of the transom, stringers and deck, along with electrical and fuel components.

There really isn't a 'weak area' that needs extra attention from the surveyor, that I'm aware of.
Hopefully others can chime in if they know differently.

Good luck!

Have a '96, but not the center console.

What type of engine?

Before going too far, look over if you can at the accessories that the owner added, and see if they look right. Look at the basics and make sure everything works or can be fixed.

Judge how clean it is, and how much it has been dinged up, as an example.

There are some starting basics along with price, who had it before, how was it used, etc.

And helps if it is in the water. Sometimes better to think about it from a distance before talking yourself into loving it.

Dana

Back