Questions For Robert Cibran

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
Your quote (MOL) from somewhere else..."I've had Seacrafts, Makos, and McKees, Parker 2300DVCC better" Wow!

I, and other 2300DV owners would like to hear your comments/comparisons.

You apparently spend time in the Keys. We'll (admiral and I) will be in Islamorada week of July 4th, along with the "FishFactory". How's the US 1 const going? Should I take Card Sound Rd? Const was not a problem for me on US 1 last Fourth or last January.

We're gonna try snorkeling Hens and Chickens (first time snorkelers)...and last, but most important...HOW 'BOUT SOME DOLPHIN /YELLOWTAIL TIPS :D

Fish:

Do you stay at the Ragged Edge which is near Hens and Chickens? We stay there twice a year: very nice.

jim

The Ragged Edge is a great place. We met a capt. visiting friends @ Ragged Edge who sells goggleyes. He and mate get out at 4AM, sabiki goggles and sell for $100/dozen. This was 4 years ago. He had 2 livewells (about 4' diameter x 3'tall) each maybe half full of water and goggles. They follow sailfish tourney trail. The capt. had just bought his first new boat...you guessed it...25 Parker :D

We'll be staying at mm 76.5. This will be our first time snorkeling and, have heard Hens and Chickens is a good place. Most of the trip, hope to be catching and releasing dolphins and yellowtails.

How lucky or smart you are to be so close to Keys. :wink:

Hens is OK most of the time as far as water clarity goes. However, if you want gin clear water, then go a little to the north to Molassis Reef. Watch out for the shallows at Pickles.

I just visited with my brother-n-law in Tampa. They just got back from the Ragged Edge. He said there was const but traffic moved pretty good. He did not take Card Sound Rd.

Have fun.

jim

Hey folks!

I've been under a tremendous work load..and haven't been able to read up!

I'm driving down to Duck key on saturday.... And will let you know how it goes. First time I take the boat down.. but i'm super excited...

I haven't had much time to enjoy the boat or work on my projects... Oh well...

If I can plan a trip for july 4th down to the keys.. I will!

wp...

Almost forgot to reply...

Ok - took me 3 hours or so to drive from Key Biscayne to Duck Key...

No real problems. The segment of US1 thats the worst is right at the entrance of Key Largo... and the return portion of the trip was easier b/c the road used is the new one.... not the makeshift one... So.. i would say US1 over CS...

If your interested - I may try to go to Bimini one of those weekends (b/f or after 7/4..) Your welcome to come along.... You can park at a friends house and launch from a marina up the road...

I say we do a south florida Randezouvssss (bad spelling). Anyone??

LMK..
Cheers.. william.

William:

Count me in for a FL get together.

However, it looks like the highest concentration of Parker owners are further up the coast in the VA/NE area or out in CA. Parkers are not too popular in FL. But, I am up for it.

Bring some Parker gelcoat and I'll show you how easy it is to fix holes or gouges etc.

jim

Wicho":12op6lij said:
I say we do a south florida Randezouvssss (bad spelling). Anyone??
Cheers.. william.

We also try to schedule an Islamorada trip third or fourth week of January every year.

Grouperjim, I too, need a gelcoat class. :D

No problem. I just think it is crazy to pay someone to do something that is so easy and that you can do a better job.

"give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a lifetime"

jim

So... a january meet up in Islamorada??????

And how do I get this class??? (and the gelcoat):))

I'm ready when you guys are.... Better yet folks.. why not a trip to Great harbor, BH? I've been a few times and There is plenty to do...

This is a friend of my dad.. who has a house there... And I stayed two years ago at the small townhouses on the island.

See this link: http://www.consultresearch.com/GHC2.htm

I'll be glad to perform guide duties...

I like the BH and have been there with my 23DVCC. The two things I don't like are the huge "hello how are you fee" you have to pay when you check in with customs, and also that damn Gulf stream has risen up and kicked my A.. more than once.

Islamorada/key largo area might be more feasible for planning purposes. We could all get together on a sand bar or something.

jim

Thats fair Jim....

I just had a Bh moment there!

Ok.. keys it is.... When someone has a clue on dates, please suggest..

CHeers,
wp.

grouperjim":1h754982 said:
Islamorada/key largo area might be more feasible for planning purposes. We could all get together on a sand bar or something.

jim

...and maybe a Jack and Coke while gazing Florida Bay from Zane Grey Bar? :wink:

I would be interested in a get together...just got back from Marathon ( Key Colony ) a couple of weeks ago and the fishing was great 3 out of 4 days at the Humps..

Just returned to Pa from our home in Marathon. The fishing was great, the water calm, except for the great water spouts on Sunday. See Attached. Our catch included yellow tail, mangroves,grouper and of course dolphin my favorite. Our largest was 24 lbs with several others in the 20 lb range. The traffic on Rt 1, on the stretch was very slow but moving. Would not offer Card Sound as there is construction there also.

Attachments

• Water Spout 1 (Medium).jpg
    Water Spout 1 (Medium).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,264
Back