radar

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmeggers

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a question for everyone.

I have a 23 SE cc, almost brand new. I got the Lowrance HDS-7, nice stereo, and a basic VHF installed. With the type of fishing and cruising I do, I NEED radar. The HDS-7 will take a radar feed but I dont think I want to have my sonar, chartplotter, and radar all squishing into 1 barely 6.5 inch screen.

My thoughts were to get a seperate radar unit/screen. I do not need anything extravgant, but something just to get the job done so when the fog rolls in I can have some security. Money is absolutely an issue and what I decide to go with does not need to have any special bells and whistles.

The other thought I had was another HDS-7. While that seems it would work great, and would be cool to have them all synced....1200 for the screen and another (who knows how much) for the dome and mounting hardware seems a little much.

Bottom line, does anyone know any solid, low-end on the price range (compared to others) radar units...screen + dome?

Thanks guys,

Pete

Pete,
I am running a Garmin 4208 with the GMR 18 radar. I had a setup simular to yours when I purchased my 23SE. I did some comparisons at the Annapolis boat show and decided with the Garmin setup. I eventually sold my Lowrance 337c to a coworker who has been very satisified with it. I delt with Jim at BOE. No one could beat his prices and his knowledge is exceptional. Garmin has also been great with some small issues that I have had. The more I use this unit, the more that I like it.

Charlie,
Eden, Maryland

Attachments

• P1010214.JPG
    P1010214.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 142
Back