Rain water issues/anchor locker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooked

Reaction score
I'm wondering why Parker designed their anchor locker the way they did. I just noticed that there was a puddle of water in the locker of my 2320 (Possibly because either the drain is plugged or the boat was sitting too flat as it was low tide in the mud). It would be better that the anchor locker hatch was water tight. I'm from CA and we've been getting lots of rain, and that's the only real place water gets in (besides the starboard back corner of the cabin since water doesn't drain well in the middle of the boat while sitting on the mud at low tide).

Has any one tried to put a cover over the anchor locker hatch to protect rain from getting down there, or do you just let the water flow through and the bilge drains it in the stern? Just trying to figure out solutions during the rainy season. Any advice would be appreciated.

You could install a drain out the side of the anchor locker at it's low point with a clamshell vent over the hole on the outside. (+/- a 3/8" hole)Then plug the original drain. Most sailboats are done this way, avoiding the water in the bilges.

TWOBOATER":f6iwwph8 said:
You could install a drain out the side of the anchor locker at it's low point with a clamshell vent over the hole on the outside. (+/- a 3/8" hole)Then plug the original drain. Most sailboats are done this way, avoiding the water in the bilges.

That's what i did... Other boats i owned in the past drained out the side but the parker drained to the belly and has to be pumped out..

Back