Raising motor 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrasport

Reaction score
Been reading about benefits of raising motor up for awhile. I'm currently on 2nd lowest hole. Wanna raise up 1 hole. There is white sealant around where my motor mounts. If I raise motor do I need use sealant or just rebolt? What hole do other 2120 w 150 run?

You will need to use sealant. Try not to completely remove the bottom bolts though. This will help with making re-sealing it easier. Also, read this thread. Make sure you click on the links too. I think you will learn what you need to on this topic. If I can answer any questions, let me know as I've just done it to mine in the fall. Good luck!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11163

I aslo have a 2120 and my outboard is mounted on the second hole from the top. Any feedback after you raise the outboard would be appreciated.

I can totally understand the desire to make things as good as possible... but it's been my experience that the biggest benefit of moving the motor up or down is satisfying your curiosity. For a 70 mph bass boat, maybe, for an offshore fishing boat - hardly. I know, I know -- I had to do it too...then I put it back.

Since I added the Permatrim and raised the motor at the same time, I can't say with any degree of certainty that raising the engine or the Permatrim caused all of the positive results. I was trying to correct a porposing issue mostly. I endeded up with a boat with quicker and flatter planing, slower planing speed, no porposing and no more wandering at slow speeds. The last one was a surprise. I had intended to raise the motor and test then the Permatrim and test but due to time restraints I was not able to do it. This issue comes up so much on here that I really wish I could have done the seperate test so that I could have shared it with all. At the end of the day, the Permatrim is designed to run basically on top of the water, so raising the motor for achieving this position for me was needed anyway. if I had to guess which of the 2 things made the biggest difference, I would say it was the Permatrim. As far as set up goes though, by the book your AV Plate should be riding with it visible with water splashing over the top and not 2" or so under the water. I have the F225 which adds more weight to the stern so you may not have the porposing issues I had? Either way, the $150 or so I spent on the Permatrim was the best $ I spent on my boat so far. Good luck with yours.

jeffnick":1iofjhwl said:
I can totally understand the desire to make things as good as possible... but it's been my experience that the biggest benefit of moving the motor up or down is satisfying your curiosity. For a 70 mph bass boat, maybe, for an offshore fishing boat - hardly. I know, I know -- I had to do it too...then I put it back.

I have to disagree. On all my previous boats raising the outboard to the proper height made a big improvement in the performance and maneuvering. I hope to see similar results with the parker.

pacificpunisher":1vrdnkug said:
jeffnick":1vrdnkug said:

I have to disagree. On all my previous boats raising the outboard to the proper height made a big improvement in the performance and maneuvering. I hope to see similar results with the parker.
Agreed ... EVERY boat I've ever tweaked had the motor mounted too deep!

I would think 3M 5200 would be ok. See what others say though. The purpose is to make a water tight seal where the motor mount bolts pass thru the transom. You don't want any water penetration getting into the wood core of the transum and also, these bolts are below the water line so the boat will float better if its not leaking water into the bilge. :D

markman03":2esjuk8v said:
Spoke to a Parker rep at the Boston boat show about raising my motor and he did not recommend it.

Interesting. Although, I suspect that they don't recommend lots of things several of us have done? My question to you is, are you having any performance issues that have prompted you to consider raising the motor or are you just trying to make sure it's as good as it can be?

I hate to sound like a broken record but I think if you raise a hole and add the Permatrim you will not be disappointed. I was a little skeptical of how it was going to work out on mine but now that I have done it, it was one of the best mods I have done. It will accomplish the things that you are interested in. Good luck with it.

I have a 2120sc with a f150 and just got done raising my outboard one hole and picked up a new 15 pitch stiletto prop and i couldn't be happier best $300 I've ever spent. Its like a totally different boat now i can do 38-39mph 6k rpms with 3/4 tank of gas 3 adults 100lbs of ice and gear.

im going to raise my 225 on 2310 w bracket it definitely rides to deep I have two holes to go thinking of going all the way up is there a big change with one hole my plate is way to deep any thoughts

I would think all the way up with a bracketed mount would work. I have seen other guys here go to at least the next to the highest hole and I know they have said that they were not to high. On my 2120, I put my 225 all the way up but it's also the heavier motor for my boat. Good luck.

that' seams to be the way all the old posts I have read say thanx I will post what I do and give the results if the snow ever melts here another 2 ft and I can get my boat out

Back