Random Parker Photos from the 2006 Annapolis Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Tri-State Marine (Deale, MD) was showing a number of WA and SC models this year at the 2006 Annapolis In-Water Boat Show.
No CC models were shown in the water though. I suppose show costs were a factor...

Here is a 2510

Image-8D217F875BD611DB.jpg

One of the boats being shown was a 'slimmed down' 2520SL with a notched transom, no rear driving station, and the following option list for the price shown.

Image-8D2352F25BD611DB.jpg

The basic helm design (thankfully) hasn't changed in the past 10 years or so.

Image-8D2325345BD611DB.jpg

Port side bench seat.

Image-8D23804B5BD611DB.jpg

Interesting storage box on the stbd side. My 1996 model does not have that raised floor section.

Image-8D22F6865BD611DB.jpg

Here is the sticker on a 2120...

Image-8D20B8145BD611DB.jpg

The 2120 helm, cabin, and 'pit

Image-4780C4B15BD811DB.jpg

Image-4780FB125BD811DB.jpg

Image-4781289E5BD811DB.jpg

Image-4781556D5BD811DB.jpg

A 2510 WA

Image-8D211AFC5BD611DB.jpg

There was also a well optioned 2320 being shown for about the same price as that bare bones 2520. Full transom, rocket launchers... many of the options people generally want these days.

Sorry that the photos don't show more. It's tough getting more than one angle of a boat at an in-water show. :D

gw204":1lmdaav4 said:
I bet the install of this FF was easier than the one we put on 'ol Porky. :D

Yea... Those "lick, slap, and go" electronics were everywhere. :lol:

When you just look at the parkers, you see the prices and say wow. 59k for a 23' boat (was quoted about 50k summer 05). Then at the show they look like a bargin as they are next to the Grady's....

B-Faithful":4nlzbn4s said:
When you just look at the parkers, you see the prices and say wow. 59k for a 23' boat (was quoted about 50k summer 05). Then at the show they look like a bargin as they are next to the Grady's....

The 36 Grady Express (with trip F250's) was ~$430,000.00 :shock:

Megabyte":125i0ie7 said:
B-Faithful":125i0ie7 said:

The 36 Grady Express (with trip F250's) was ~$430,000.00 :shock:

If Parker holds their quality, stays focused on building a great fishing machine at a reasonable price (compared to manufacturers like Grady), they will do well.

Based on shrinking marina space Nation-wide, increasing marina fees and fuel costs, reapidly increasing insurance (if you can get it anymore), buying and maintaining anything over 25' is going to get so expensive that only a very small percentage of the boat-buying public will be able to afford it. Parker is suitated at the right spot in the market.

Speaking of insurance, many of the insurance companies are now placing named storm caveats on their policies, that basically state, that if you don't haul the boat out before a named storm, they won't pay. That will drive more of the market toward smaller, trailerable boats (where Parker is situated).

Nice pics Kevin. What else do you have?

The family and I were going to go to the show but my oldest had to get her appendix out, she wasn't quite ready to walk around Annapolis and clime all over the boats..

Thanks for sharing, Capt. Kevin. I am glad to be informed about what is happening for 2007.

striperon":eeup0jv7 said:
I am glad to be informed about what is happening for 2007.

Oh! Speaking of what is happening for 2007...

I was told that the 21 DVCC will be returning to the line-up in 2007 8)
That should make a lot of people happy. :wink:

Did I miss something,

B-faithful said, When you just look at the parkers, you see the prices and say wow. 59k for a 23' boat (was quoted about 50k summer 05). Then at the show they look like a bargin as they are next to the Grady's....

Isn't that a 25 Parker for 59K? I guess I may be confused, you aren't saying that the 25 is only 23' long are you? A little confused, seems like a real big 25 footer for 59K. What am I missing?

offshorejunky":3iidpss5 said:
Did I miss something,

B-faithful said, When you just look at the parkers, you see the prices and say wow. 59k for a 23' boat (was quoted about 50k summer 05). Then at the show they look like a bargin as they are next to the Grady's....

Isn't that a 25 Parker for 59K? I guess I may be confused, you aren't saying that the 25 is only 23' long are you? A little confused, seems like a real big 25 footer for 59K. What am I missing?

It's not easy to see the price sheets with the options listed, but the 2520 is bare bones (notch transom, no rear station, and limited optional equipment).

The 2320 is 'well optioned' with most of the items folks like to order.
In the end, they are almost the same price.

Kind of like buying a basic car, versus an optioned one
It gives a buyer a choice of moving up to a 25 from the get-go so long as they don't mind adding some of the other goodies later.
If the buyer would rather not forgo the goodies, they can opt for the 23.

It's customer choice, as some folks don't want the extras.
This dealer recognizes that, and gives their customers a choice.

B-Faithful":tbfs3861 said:
Then at the show they look like a bargin as they are next to the Grady's....

That all depends on what you are looking for. But that's not saying Grady's aren't overpriced. :)

They're two different classes of boat IMHO. Fluff costs.... :)

Back