• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rare 17' CC found for sale in San Diego

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts on this 17' vs. a 1800 or 1801? Been looking for a 18' Parker, Whaler or Edgewater CC for a while, live in SoCal and have perused the ad you noted on several occasions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks for the info. I suspected as much, but am glad I didn't make the 3.5 hr drive to San Diego to check it out.

Happy Holidays.

optimaxfish":3ju4u3ni said:
WLV Kevin":3ju4u3ni said:
Thoughts on this 17' vs. a 1800 or 1801? Been looking for a 18' Parker, Whaler or Edgewater CC for a while, live in SoCal and have perused the ad you noted on several occasions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Parker 17 is a very small boat. Most I've seen have a board stretching across stern for seat (like a jon boat). This boat's at least 10 years old. IMO, way overpriced even for California standards. Owner claims "$30K new". Boat is not made any more. A 17, even Parker-built has a lot of limits.

IMO, 18 Parker might be one of the very best boats on water, period.
I have a Parker 17 and there is no rear "board seat" . I love my boat .Mine is a 1993 and from what I was told , this was the last year they made them :
HPIM0156.jpg
HPIM0144.jpg
HPIM0207.jpg
HPIM0195.jpg
I paid less than half of that asking price .

Ragmop,
I think I have seen your boat, are you from Salisbury? If so I have been down your street and your boat caught my eye because I have one like it, a 1992. I like you love the boat. It's a shame Parker doesn't make them now. Some of the first did have a seat all the way across in the bow section but mine does not. The ones I have seen from the west coast have a bigger console like the 18 that would be nice as my console is on the small side. Again the 17 is a great boat

Attachments

• IMG_0051 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0051 (Small).JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,773
Optimax fish
No way did I think you were slamming the 17. Everyone on this board loves their Parker no matter what size boat they have. I have to admit the 18 is nicer and I like the console better too. When I bought my 17 in 92 I got up in it and thought this is all the boat I need for what I want to do. There was an 18 right beside it that I didn't even look at, though some times I wish I had, back in 92 they were more affordable. The 17 was built between 1990 and 1997 and when Robin from Parker responed to my questions on them told me Parker only built 268 of them. We're all on this board to help each other and share our experiences, I know I've learned a lot from this board about all kinds of things and been directed to some good sites for supplies, parts, and maintenance items. Great site and we all love our Parkers!

Check page 2 under All Parker Boats, about 3/4 way down post about 17', I listed some spec. under that reply.

optimaxfish":1xxi1wzx said:
Just checked another site where Robin was quoted as specing 17 as

7' beam
30 gal tank
1050# hull

Does this sound right?
Mine has a 40 gallon tank .

JBK":2r015xjw said:
Ragmop,
I think I have seen your boat, are you from Salisbury? If so I have been down your street and your boat caught my eye because I have one like it, a 1992. I like you love the boat. It's a shame Parker doesn't make them now. Some of the first did have a seat all the way across in the bow section but mine does not. The ones I have seen from the west coast have a bigger console like the 18 that would be nice as my console is on the small side. Again the 17 is a great boat
Yes , I live in Salisbury . Where are you from ? Very cool that someone else has the same boat . Does your boat have a 30 or 40 gallon fuel tank ? I just e-mailed Robin Parker to get some more info . I didn't know that they were so rare . We'll have to get together and do some fishing some time.

Rag mop,
My 17' has a 30 gal. tank, I also emailed Robin and was emailed a drawing of the actual tank showing all dimensions. I plan on changing all my fuel line sometime this winter. If you pull your center deck plate there should be a sticker with the model - serial number - gallons - manufactor of the tank on it. I'm about 12 mile outside of Salisbury on the Mt. Hermon Rd. almost to Powellville. I usually fish out of Crisfield or Nanticoke and if I want to take the grandson for just a ride we to to the Pocomoke River.

JBK":avbyrkni said:
Rag mop,
My 17' has a 30 gal. tank, I also emailed Robin and was emailed a drawing of the actual tank showing all dimensions. I plan on changing all my fuel line sometime this winter. If you pull your center deck plate there should be a sticker with the model - serial number - gallons - manufactor of the tank on it. I'm about 12 mile outside of Salisbury on the Mt. Hermon Rd. almost to Powellville. I usually fish out of Crisfield or Nanticoke and if I want to take the grandson for just a ride we to to the Pocomoke River.
I changed out my fuel line last year but didn't think to check the tank for capacity and/or maker . Will have to do that . I fish out of Crisfield , Mt. Vernon , Deal Island and Nanticoke . I also fish OC a lot and sometimes head south to CBBT . I also have some friends in Saxis and trailer down there on occasion .

i have the same boat in san diego, 1993 17ft parker with a 85hp yamaha and 30 gallon tank, i'll sell you mine for7k missing cooler seat.

optimaxfish":9wqzpz3x said:
Just checked another site where Robin was quoted as specing 17 as

7' beam
30 gal tank
1050# hull

Does this sound right?

Weight seems light. My '81 Mako is supposedly 1400 lbs.

I have had a 1993 17 foot Parker/30 gallon tank/ with a 150 Johnson for over 5 years. Cruises at about 30 MPH and runs like the devil at 5000 rpm's. I use her to run out in the ocean from the North Edisto Inlet in SC to fish, to run inlets to fish behind the bars into the ocean and to haul grandkids around.

Solid as a rock. Flat bottom in the rear,bimini top and I like her better than the 18 or 1801 becasue of the unclutterred space.

Rockville Runner

Back