Rare Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBK

Reaction score
Hello all!!
I've been following this site for sometime now and like all the comments and information that is shared. I notice most on this board have larger Parkers, I have a 1992 Parker 17' Sport which I purchased new back in 1992 with a 85 hp 2 stroke Yamaha. I did not like the 85 hp as the dealer never could get it to idle very well and within a year traded for a new 90 hp 2 stroke which I have run up to this year. I fished a lot for a few years but then lost interest and the boat sat in my garage for about 3 years unused. My grandson "Austin" now wants "Pop Pop" to take him fishing so I have renew interest!! My 90 Yamaha 2 stoke had never had a water pump impeller and one of the carbs was messed up so I decided to do it up right. I purchased a new 90 hp 4 stoke Yamaha a month ago and have cleaned and polished up the Parker, also rebuilt the trailer with new tires and new Stoltz rollers. Austin and myself took the boat out last week and got the break in hours done, he had a ball, the 4 stroke will really push this boat along. This has always been a great boat for the type usage I have for it. I mostly fish out of Crisfield Md., also go to the Wicomico and Nanticoke river and for just fun play on the Pocomoke River. I look for Austin and "Pop Pop" to have a lot of fun with this trusty Parker!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,108
JBK - that is an awesome story. Your grandson looks like a natural at the helm. The boat looks incredible and is unique. I may be seeing things, but I think your boat is actually smiling. Take a look at your photo.

StrikeSix Out.

That is a great looking boat and i am glad your grandson got you back in the swing of fishing!!!!Tell him he did a awesome job!!!!

Wow Pop Pop... that is a beautiful ClassicParker!
You and your grandson are going to have so much fun with that boat (and each other). :wink:

Welcome aboard! 8)

Austin got to go fishing today!! We went to Nanticoke and caught some Croakers. Austin had a ball, the smiles tell the story!!! Looking forward to many more trips

Attachments

• 020 resized.jpg
    020 resized.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 657
  • 024 resized.jpg
    024 resized.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 657
GREAT STORY THE BEST FISHING TRIPS I HAD WAS WHEN MY TWO SONS WERE YOUNG NOW THEY ARE 18 AND 24 TRIPS ARE STILL GOOD BUT NOT THE SAME. LOOKING FORWARD TO LOTS OF GRANDCHILDREN.

Back