Raymarine C70, C80 & C120 Upgrade Software Version 4.29

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
Raymarine just came out with Version 4.29 for the C Series Multifunction units. You can download the update or order the CF card and get a refund when you end it back. I ordered the card and they charged my VISA card $40. I can call and get an RMA and return it for a credit after I install the new software on my unit. ..............Pete

Please add [email protected] to your address book to ensure our emails reach your inbox.

Dear Raymarine C-Series Owner,

Raymarine is pleased to announce the availability of Version 4.29 software for the C70, C80 and C120 Multifunction display units.

v4.29 software features the following improvements and addtions:

Support for AIS message 24 (related to Class B transmissions)
Waypoint naming: names can now start with a number
Tide arrow data vectors now correctly displayed in head-up mode
New language translations: 13 languages, including the additions of Danish, Dutch, Portuguese & Spanish

Software Upgrade Procedure

Step 1: Requirements for Upgrade
Raymarine C -Series displays are field upgradeable using a common CompactFlash (CF) memory card. For performing upgrades on Raymarine CF compatible products we strongly recommend using a SanDisk brand "Shoot & Store" or SanDisk brand standard grade CompactFlash card. Raymarine cannot guarantee other CompactFlash suppliers will offer the correct specification card for a successful software upgrade.

Step 2: Software Upgrade Procedure
Back up your existing waypoints, routes and tracks. Failure to create a back-up could result in the loss of this data from your multifunction display. For step-by-step instruction on how to perform a backup please consult your MFD Operating Guide, or read FAQ 1145: Backing Up Waypoints, Routes and Tracks on C & E-Series.

Please review the instruction for upgrading your Raymarine Multifunction Display software. Complete step-by-step instructions are available online in FAQ 1219: Upgrading the software in C70, C80, C120, E80 and E120 Displays

Step 3: Download the Software Upgrade

Please note, online registration of your Raymarine product is required to download software updates. If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to register your product before you can download the software.

Alternatively, you can obtain a preprogrammed CF card directly from Raymarine for a nominal reimbursable fee. For more information please contact Raymarine at (603) 881-5200 for details.

Kind Regards,

Raymarine Product Support

Raymarine, Inc.
21 Manchester Street
Merrimack, New Hampshire
03054 USA
www.raymarine.com

Actually the upgrade does a bug fix. On the present version if you preface the waypoint name with a number it will wipe out your waypoint files.

Claymar":2fzauucl said:
Actually the upgrade does a bug fix. On the present version if you preface the waypoint name with a number it will wipe out your waypoint files.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back