Raystar 120 GPS Sensor died

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchunker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Looks like the Raystar 120 WAAS GPS sensor died on my boat at the CBBT last weekend. Ended up coming home after dark under radar and a hand held Garmin GPSMap 60C (I always have a hand held GPS backup and hand held VHF backup). One project I now recognize I need to accomplish is to wire the NMEA output from the Garmin to the NMEA input on the Raymarine GPS/chartplotter to obtain the GPS location data. But that will not happen until next spring.

Have Googled for them, but they are out of production and not even available on eBay. Raymarine now has a Raystar 125 sensor. Not sure that it will work with my older HSB2 L755 grayscale FF/chartplotter and the HSB2 RL80CRC color GPS/chartplotter. Anyone know where I can find a 120, or know if the 125 will work?

Dave

aka

The Raystar 120 has the proprietary SeaTalk output. The newer Raystar 125 has both SeaStar and NMEA outputs (depending on how you wire the connector). My displays have both SeaStar and NMEA inputs.

What is the output for your Furuno?

Dave

aka

Back