Re seal Deck plates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scraping that old silicone was quite the chore huh? It took me about 5 hours to clean it all away on all three. Im glad I got to this project this year as I found some screws stripped out I epoxied all the holes and the bare deck around each deck cover so everything is 100% sealed now.

Quick question, did you guys re-drill your screw holes slightly larger and then tape the bottoms off and fill with epoxy? Then drill a smaller diameter (existing screw size) trying to only expose the cured epoxy instead of the coring. Thanks

Brent":1etjr79z said:
My deck plates need replacing b/c the frames are cracked due to overtightening the screws. One is a Beckson with pop out lid and the other is a spin out Tempress unit.

Which brand and style of deck plates are better? For plate over the fuel tank I will use a clear lid so I can see the fuel indicator guage.

thanks

I searched the archives and found this topic

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=344

Thanks a million

When I ordered a bunch of replacement o-rings and gaskets for the deck plates and hatches from Tempress, the shipping was pretty expensive, considering the overall cost and weight. So I contacted customer service and they were able to ship them plain old USPS for much cheaper. Just an FYI for anyone planning on ordering these items and want to save on shipping.

Appreciate that info. I was about to pull the trigger on a few the other day, and each time I added another one to my cart, the shipping increased by a couple of bucks per o-ring. I held off because of that thinking I could find something locally (which I haven't been able to do).

Looks like I'll be giving them a call.

Back