Rear Rectangular Hatch

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassTub

Reaction score
My hinges on my stern rectangular deck hatch have broke. Before replacing with what seems to be another cheap plastic hatch has anyone else found anything better that is perhaps more water tight? THank you

I replaced mine with a hatch from Beckson. Much better, slightly bigger, but now it seems a little weak in the center when stepping on it. It hasn't failed, latches nicely, but I may replace it in the future with something that will give me full access (~24"x~24")

Yep...That's mine......The only way to make life much simpler and easier while owning a Parker.

warthog5":h8hx4y1c said:
Yep...That's mine......The only way to make life much simpler and easier while owning a Parker.

If you were local to the west coast I'd totally ask you about doing this for me.

Could you do this up in the cabin as well?

Dave

Thanks for the feedback. I am in and out of my hatch to much for something like that metal hatch to go there. Looks very nice though. May just have to replace with the plastic one.

We don't even dog our hatch down. But boat is on a trailer and under RV shelter when not in use.

I do like the "NASA" hatches that Bobby (WH) and also Chris (GC) have installed but, they are expensive. I was actually about to order one online when I spotted the Beckson ($69) with the lip over design that matches the design and color of the circular inspection plates. I figured the cutout for the NASA is bigger so I can go cheap now and go bigger and better when replacing down the road.

The Beckson is holding up so far but I will say that fish spines/sharp objects and such do scratch/gouge it easily. Pretty good at keeping water off the batteries.

Use an aluminum deck hatch from Bomar, Freeman, Achor, P+E, and Henri Gibbs (Gibbs is probably the finest, followed by Bomar and Freeman) and you'll never go back to plastic. I have a Gibbs in the front and an oval Bomar in the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_8009.JPG
    IMG_8009.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_6304.JPG
    IMG_6304.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 358
And there is absolutely nothing difficult about installing one of these hatches. Quite easy actually.

Back