Recessed tabs and zincs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
Hey guys. Question for those of you with recessed trim tabs and zincs. What size zinc were you able to fit on the exposed section of the tab? Two smaller zincs? This is for my friend with a 2520. My tabs are not recessed. Thanks!

I have the recessed tabs on my 25SE and would advise you to check them quite often. Perhaps my area is unique with stray voltage, but I have to put a new pair on mid-summer. When I first got the boat none were on at all and it ate right through the piano hinge dislodging the starboard one.

BuddahB,

I'm surprised that zincs are not installed at the factory. I keep my boat on a trailer and don't need the zincs. However, lots of 2510 owners are in a slip. The factory doesn't know who will trailer and who will slip...therefore, I would think they would error on the side of caution and install zincs on all trim tabs...at least for all 23 and 25 series hulls.

Dave

aka

I believe now they come standard, however, in 2003 I don't belive they did. I bought the boat used and their were none there, not even holes for mounting. :cry:

Back