Recommendations: bow roller/fiberglass repair

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. John Deering

Reaction score
ok need a couple recommendation on installing a bow roller, including which model and best method to repair two holes due to removal of pop-up light and cleat. the boat is a parker 23se

1. i'm going to install a windless on my boat, it currently does not have a pulpit so i'm thinking about one of two bow rollers from www.windline.com the bow roller numbers are CAR-5 or the URM-7.

Both the CAR and URM are 24" long, how far out front of the bow should i install the bow roller?

i will using two pieces of three-sixteenth diamond plate for backplates

The Car-5 only takes the danworth anchor But the URM-7 takes several types of anchors plow, delta, etc. i do like the cantilevertlever on the Car-5. what do you think?
Both are 24" long and 4" wide. how far over the bow would you mount the bow roller. i will be using a danforth anchor.

2. . i have a pop-up nav. light and a pop-up cleat that has to be removed in order to install one of the bow rollers noted above. when i remove them i need fill cavities with something. they are probably 1-2'' deep don't know yet.

i was thinking about going to west marine and getting a quart each of the the two part epoxy and mixing in some silica to thicken it up. that stuff is $$$ about $36 for each quart, plus the silica filler.

i guess all i need to do is tape off the bottom mix and fill her up. do i pour all the epoxy in a one time or split into two pours.

the repair (holes) will not be seen since they will be covered by one of the 4" wide bow rollers.......just don't water water intrusion on the virgin plywood. what do you think?

There is a company that sells on e-bay. http://www.anchoring.com
phone ..877-880-8981. they carry the complete line of windline anchor rollers. Call them and they might be able to save you some bucks, verses going thru windline I had a URM-4 on my 2520 and was well pleased with it. good luck......

I used 3/16 alum plate under the windlass as shown and another alum plate about the same size. in the anchor locker and ran bolts down thru the anchor roller and the windlass. That gave the entire front bow area alot more support as needed at times for a well stuck anchor..

Back