Recommendations storing the anchor rode

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In2Deep

Reaction score
2004 2120 SC just ordered 250' of new 8 plait 1/2" rode chain etc. Using a standard Danforth anchor. Is there a trick to dropping the rode in the bow storage box that allows the anchor shaft to fit easily? I have to reach in from the topside or go inside the cuddy and access the rode through the access hatch and manipulate the rode so the anchor shaft will fit? Am I missing something but it's difficult to get it to fit.
Thanks
Jerry

The anchor locker isn't big enough on my 23DVCC either. I have to move chain and rode around to get the shaft to fit down enough to lock the small anchor in. When bottom fishing I carry a larger anchor that sits up front between to storage boxes.

Might consider storing the anchor outside when you're using it often...like my backup anchor in the PVC pipe.
IMAG3529.jpg

Or my stern anchor...
IMAG3530.jpg

I have 250' of three-strand 1/2" and splay the line as FWD as possible in the locker. the anchor neck slips in towards the AFT side of the locker. I fought fitting the anchor in the lock hasps for a while until trying this technique. If your anchor line is stiff, soak it in a bucket with water and a little fabric softener, it won't affect the integrity. Don't forget to tie off the bitter end to your bow-eye!

Back