Reel Time Walk Around fishing CBBT Wed 8 June 2011

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotChrist?

Reaction score
Are you a member on this board or does anyone know the owner of a Parker walk around with dual console steering, named Reel Time with a Marlin painted in between Reel and Time? I believed he headed back to one of the marinas in Norfolk adjacent to Little Creek. I have pictures to email him.

This was the first WA I have seen with dual console. It came in handy while drift fishing the CBBT with it's strong tide and currents.

John

Hi John - That would be me. Good to hear from someone in the CBBT Area. I put the 2nd helm on last Spring, wanting to fish more with friends and family. It works great and allows me to fish live bait around the CBBT. I bought the side console from Parker and worked with my mechanic to install it. I was out Wednesday with my 5 year old flounder fishing. We caught only one keeper but it was fun getting on water.

Best Regards,
Fletcher

Attachments

• smDSCN0605.jpg
    smDSCN0605.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 287
My son caught the live bait and I helped him with flounder. It was only 24 inches but real thick. Good fillets. The bite came on a 4inch spot. Hopefully, things will pick up down here as the summer progresses. I will try and post photos of my second station. I've been using it for a year and it works really good. I don't know what I did before I installed it. lol. I saw a 27 SeaHawk W/A with one in last weekend. Real Nice. When I upsize to a 25 Parker WA I will have one out on as well.

Best Regards,
Fletcher

Hello Fletcher. Small world. Thanks for taking the time to speak to me while you and your son were fishing. If you pm your email addy, I'll send the photo's I snapped. It looked like you had as much luck as I did that day - the only thing I caught was sun (other than Croaker for bait). I tried my best to anchor under the CBBT, but the current pushed my anchor inland faster than the boat. I either was out too far or going to be on the inward side. I should have changed to a heavier anchor. The shade under the bridge drops temps a good 10 degrees, far better than my small bimini.

You son did well!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/ ... el%20Time/

John

GotChrist?":17aod09u said:
I tried my best to anchor under the CBBT, but the current pushed my anchor inland faster than the boat. I either was out too far or going to be on the inward side. I should have changed to a heavier anchor.

John, What size anchor do you have now, and how much chain is attached?

As you have seen, the current at the CBBT can be quite heavy at times and the only way to get your anchor down and set is to have at least 1' of chain per foot of boat.
Even then, anchoring there may be difficult, or ill advised if the water is running strong.

One of the reasons Reel Time added a rear driving station to his boat was so he could fish the bridge while staying at the controls in those waters.
Keeping the boat on station while drift fishing in moving water is why we have those rear controls.

We have the same situation up here at the Bay Bridge when drift casting to the rocks or the bridge pilings in current.
BFaithful anchors at the Bay Bridge when live-lining, but I can tell you that it is not an easy thing to do, especially if you don't have a windlass.

Be careful out there brother.

Back