Relocating Batteries - Adding House Battery

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
Hi all. I haven’t posted in a while. Hope everyone is doing okay! Spring is just around the corner, and I have some new plans for the boat! Need some advice from the local Parker pros! :D

#1 – Has anyone relocated the batteries from the bilge to somewhere more high and dry? I was thinking of relocating mine to the cabin. Any reason this would be a bad idea? Beside the long runs of expensive cable. :shock: I've noticed many center consoles have the batteries in the console. I know the cables would not be fused, so I would protect each one seperately with wire loom, to prevent damage and shorts. I could probably even use flex PVC instead of wire loom. It'd be great to have the battery switches somewhere near the helm. :mrgreen:

#2 – Has anyone added a third house battery? If so, how did you set it up? I was thinking of getting the factory Yamaha auxiliary charging cable, and using that to charge the house battery whenever the engine is running. I would leave the other two starting batteries the same way they are now, on a single switch. The would charge depending on the switch position. I’d also like the option of combining all three batteries if possible. Would the house battery be on it's own seperate switch?

Any tips or advice would be great! I’m looking to do this to my 2320, and a friend’s 2520.

Thanks!

Dom

decided to keep her?

I also have had thoughts of moving my batteries to under the PH floor. Advantage would be to add more weight forward. I don't think I will be doing it this year but hopefully next year im gonna cut a bigger hatch into the PH floor move the batteries up there and install a fresh water tank.

There are many different ways to accomplish what you trying to do, the equipment you run and how they use power will dictate to some extent how it should be setup.

Also keep in mind batteries will take a beating in the PH vs in the back, lead acid batteries don't like to be bounced around. In the PH I would use AGM's, no off gassing like a lead acid and can take the bouncing conditions. The AGM's also cost 2.5x a lead acid.

Back