Remote Display

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
Looking for a second remote waterproof unit to put below the overhang on the roof of my 2520 as a display while fishing. I have a Garmin 942xs and would like this display out on the deck. Any ideas?

I have not tried it but your MFD has WiFi. Add a new or refurnished iPad, waterproof case and ram mount

Install active captain app

Built in Wi-Fi gives you access to the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain™ app, so you can manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications on your chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or prefish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them

iPad deals
https://www.dealnews.com/c568/Computers ... let/iPads/

Active Captain app ipad
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin- ... /id1116089

If the iPad has Gps and WiFi then buy another app like Navionics owned by Garmin, and iPad can be stand alone navigation system

Navioics app has dock to dock navigation feature which may be usefull

Thank you for your ideas. Certainly an option I did not think of.

Heck ..... If you like the Garmin 942xs.... Just hang another one and interface them.

Or upgrade your primary device to a 1242 and relocate the 942. :lol:

When I bought my unit someone told me don't get all touch screen, get one with both touch and control buttons. I was thinking all screen to get the max display. Well, controlling the touch screen while driving in chop, not so a great experience. I have a a controlling knob and buttons, I also have a mark button, which is awesome, I don't have to change screens to mark a location of a school.

D

Back