Remote start/ stop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbobsomd

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone
My question is in regard to the second station start/ stop function. I know the gauges, etc. stay energized when you kill the engine from the remote. Is it proper or necessary to turn the main ignition off? I suppose my real question is does it hurt the ECU or other electronic parts of the F225 system if it's left on for say 10 minutes or until the next start cycle? I drift fish a lot and have always gone up front and turned the key off. Then have to return to the cabin to restart. Any Yammie techies have an authorized answer? Thanks :?:

I have the dual station and I dont think its a big deal. Kind of like listening to your car stereo with the engine off.

Maybe I should have asked it this way, does the engine, while in a "standby mode" draw an excessive amount of amperage?

jimbobsomd":3tq5akih said:
Maybe I should have asked it this way, does the engine, while in a "standby mode" draw an excessive amount of amperage?
Engine? Probably darn close to zero ... no load - no amps - no drain. Gauges might be 1 amp total, less for LCD vs. analog.

Bottom line, no issues, I do it all the time :) when drift fishing rips. I leave the ignition on as I can start mine from the 2nd station.

I would agree with Dale. When i turn the keys to the ON position and leave it my command link and control boxes turn on but because nothing is happening other than it tellling me the normal stuff I doubt that it draws much power. If you are concerned you can add another battery but I would think your baitwell/fishfinder/radio would all draw more power individually.

Thanks for the input guys. I figured a few of you would have experience with this setup and could reassure me about leaving the ignition on for sometimes up to a half hour before a restart. Just didn't know if the brains would fry in the engine while it was in standby. I forgot to mention I already have dual batteries. Now I have to wait for next flounder season to utilize this info.
Thanks again.

Only I would check is if a newer 4-stroke, doesn't turning the key ON turn ON the fuel pumps? Call your dealer and ask if so and see what the amp load is.

A fishfinder and GPS draw < 1 amp/hour each and a VHF in standby is about the same, with ~7.5 amps when transmitting. Your battery should have ample ampacity to withstand a goodly amount of amp draw for 1/2 hour.

It might turn on the pump but if the computers arent telling it to pump then nothings going to happen. It pretty much puts everything in standby mode. I have the electric control boxes that shift and you can hear those get turned on which means they are getting power but without any input they just sit there. I dont think Yamaha would make it so you have to leave the keys in the on position to use the second station if it was going to cause any problems.

DaleH":2bzy5g2l said:
I do it all the time :) when drift fishing rips. I leave the ignition on as I can start mine from the 2nd station.

Same here.
I leave the key 'on' and start/stop from the rear station.

Thanks again to all of you.....
as I said, i was more worried about the engine aspect rather than running my batteries down. You guys are great!

Back