Repair help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishaddict

Reaction score
Hi My friend with 2120 sent me this picture asking for an advice in fixing rubber piece which has gotten loose. in his window. What is the purpose of this rubber strip and how to fix it?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0749 (1).JPG
    IMG_0749 (1).JPG
    791.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi My friend with 2120 sent me this picture asking for an advice in fixing rubber piece which has gotten loose. in his window. What is the purpose of this rubber strip and how to fix it?
Thank you
Hi Fishaddict, I had the same issue, except the rubber piece kept falling out of the upper aft corners. I think it is mostly aesthetics, not critical.... I contacted the window company, Taylor-Made to find out if it was important. They were no help; a waste of time. They would not even admit it's their windows, even after I sent pictures of the problem, including their Taylor-Made emblem etched into the glass! I tried jamming it back in; I tried glues, adhesives; none worked. Here is a simple solution that has worked ok. It requires a tight fitting piece of black rubber fuel hose; thick-walled. It's at 1:40 in the second short video. And plus one other video here.

1660924126413.png1660924626892.png

Last edited:
Back