Replacing fuel line

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBK

Reaction score
My Parker is a 1991 - 17' Sport I wrote in earlier in the year that I had repowered with a Yamaha 90 four stroke and I really love the way the boat handles. This winter I want to replace the fuel line from the tank to the motor (boat has a 30 gal. built in tank under the deck) and also the fill and vent hose, all are original. I have a couple of questions.
First I notice that on all the fittings on the tank the original lines have some sort of substance that is around the end of the hose that was squeezed out when they were clamped, it looks like some sort of sealer. Is a sealer recommended on the tank fittings prior to sliding on the hose and if so what type of sealer?
Second, Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase the type A1 tank to engine line and vent hose and type 2 fill hose?
Thanks for any replies!!

Attachments

• Parker picture.jpg
    Parker picture.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 151
You can purchase the hose at any Boat US.

The sealer is probably Teflon if it is white. Usually called for on threaded connections not clamped hose.

The sealer that is squeezed out is a dark brown in color. I'm thinking it might be some type of permatex but not sure.

I emailed Parker Marine and this is the answer I received

Mr. Kelly,

The material we use on the barbs of the fuel tank is as follows.

3M Scotch-Grip
Rubber & Gasket Adhesive 847

We spread the adhesive around the entire barb and then slide the hoses onto
the barb.

Thank You,

Eric Denton
Engineering
Parker Marine Ent.
252 728-5621

Isn't it great that you can ask the factory a question, and get a reply like that?
Gotta love it! :)

Back