Repower 2015 2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
Well sad to say my F300 UCA blew up 2 days ago. I had already ordered a new one but Yamaha is so screwed up now no one knows anything. Engine was supposed to be here Sept 15th.Searched all over the country and seems 6-8 month and possibly a year for a new engine to arrive. I had 2175 hours on mine and seems I either blew a rod or a piston so motor is toast. Engine was well maintained and spared no expenses.
I spent a good part of yesterday on the phone looking around for a lead on new engine as now I am worried about next season already. I called Suzuki and they told me almost same thing, 6-8 month wait which would put it May,June,July. I am going to see a Mercury dealer here in town today as my friend ordered a engine and had it in 2 months.
Hopefully someone on here has slapped a Mercury on one their Parkers and will chime in. I know it means changing all the controls etc but even if it cost me a couple k more at least I won't lose next year. Misery level is at peak right now......

Very surprised your engine failed at those hours…. Especially well maintained.
can you get a power head or used ? I think that’s an uncommon failure.

Well sad to say my F300 UCA blew up 2 days ago. I had already ordered a new one but Yamaha is so screwed up now no one knows anything. Engine was supposed to be here Sept 15th.Searched all over the country and seems 6-8 month and possibly a year for a new engine to arrive. I had 2175 hours on mine and seems I either blew a rod or a piston so motor is toast. Engine was well maintained and spared no expenses.
I spent a good part of yesterday on the phone looking around for a lead on new engine as now I am worried about next season already. I called Suzuki and they told me almost same thing, 6-8 month wait which would put it May,June,July. I am going to see a Mercury dealer here in town today as my friend ordered a engine and had it in 2 months.
Hopefully someone on here has slapped a Mercury on one their Parkers and will chime in. I know it means changing all the controls etc but even if it cost me a couple k more at least I won't lose next year. Misery level is at peak right now......

I repowered my Parker 2520 in 2019, ultimately I opted for a white Suzuki DF300APXX that thus far I have been very pleased with but my decision came down to the wire. I came very close to hanging a Tohatsu 250 on my boat, which is a rebadge Honda Outboard. At that time the Tohatsu was $6000 less then the Suzuki. I searched far and wide to find anyone who didn’t like their Honda/Tohatsu outboard and I couldn’t find anyone to say a bad thing. I talked to a few guys who had repowered their Parker 2520s with Honda or Tohatsu Engines who were pleased with them.

In the end the pretty white color of the Suzuki combined with the extra 50 horsepower and fly by wire shifting won me over and I have no regrets with my decision but I did come very close to hanging the Tohatsu.

I imagine the Tohatsu, with 50 horsepower and 2 cylinders less will not perform quite like a 300 Mercury but you might have better luck finding a Tohatsu for next year.

All of my research was conducted in the pre pandemic 2018/19 time frame so I have no idea what the present situation is but this dealership had the best prices by far in my region and from research on line and in person I was confident they would have been OK hanging an engine on my boat.

https://www.affordablemarine.com/

Last edited:
Been on the phone all week trying to find something. Mercury, same story as other 6-8 months possibly a year, same with Suzuki but I did come upon a dual prop 300 in Florida. The engine with all the controls and 2 props was 34 plus tax, add shipping to an authorized dealer in NJ with rigging is close to 40K. I am just going to say prayers that my ordered engine shows up by April. Looks like a long winter for me ahead

I guess I’m not repowering this year ! Did you check out outboard specialties in FL?

Been on the phone all week trying to find something. Mercury, same story as other 6-8 months possibly a year, same with Suzuki but I did come upon a dual prop 300 in Florida. The engine with all the controls and 2 props was 34 plus tax, add shipping to an authorized dealer in NJ with rigging is close to 40K. I am just going to say prayers that my ordered engine shows up by April. Looks like a long winter for me ahead
Might be worth while keeping an eye open for a good deal on something used that will bolt up while waiting for a new engine. Any thoughts on new powerhead for existing motor?

Might be worth while keeping an eye open for a good deal on something used that will bolt up while waiting for a new engine. Any thoughts on new powerhead for existing motor?
I go offshore a lot for tuna, I can't afford to do it with a questionable engine. In this market now there is hardly anything to be found even at inflated prices. With a new engine already ordered I wouldn't want to invest in a power head it would be too costly.

Atlantic boats in Wareham just posted that they had engines in stock. I repowered last year with a 300 Suzuki and was happy this year (550 hours). Could you put 2 200 tohataus on her?

There is a dealer in Stockton Maryland. Thornes Marine. I am having a 300 Suzuki instaslled this week. Its been here since June, but I know he had more coming. Not sure if he ever got them in or not. Worth a call

I called Thornes and they told me they are hanging engines that were ordered last Jan. Atlantic , I am waiting for them to call me back, but not optimistic at this point

Sorry to hear that. I dropped mine off yesterday. Hes had my motor since June but I wasnt ready waiting on my bracket. I thought one of his guys said they had a few more coming. My guess is they are in one of the ships sitting off the west coast

Sorry to hear that. I dropped mine off yesterday. Hes had my motor since June but I wasnt ready waiting on my bracket. I thought one of his guys said they had a few more coming. My guess is they are in one of the ships sitting off the west coast
The ones that are coming have been ordered months ago. I am thinking my only hope is that the Yamaha that was ordered in June shows up by April, but no confident about anything these days

Lucky John, Have you tried calling Almars Outboards in Delaware? I re-powered with them in August.
Their biggest hold up at the time was the wait on controls. I was fortunate to have a dual Morse setup, so they were able to get me up and running with a new 300hp Mercury 4 stroke.
Been very happy with it so far.

Lucky John, Have you tried calling Almars Outboards in Delaware? I re-powered with them in August.
Their biggest hold up at the time was the wait on controls. I was fortunate to have a dual Morse setup, so they were able to get me up and running with a new 300hp Mercury 4 stroke.
Been very happy with it so far.
I called them this morning, he does have a white 300 verado with a 25 inch shaft that he said he could turn into a 30. His price rigged was 33-34k, this is without knowing if and how much it would take to make my auto pilot function as the Verado's steering is different from the regular hydraulic steering I have now. That is also not including the price of hauling the boat back and forth. I keep trying but it's looking like I might just have to sit tight and pray my new yami shows up before April/May.

Atlantic boats in Wareham just posted that they had engines in stock. I repowered last year with a 300 Suzuki and was happy this year (550 hours). Could you put 2 200 tohataus on her?
I got a call from Will yesterday, he does have a 300 with a 30 in stock and gave me a good price all rugged at 26,750 BUT it would cost me a little over 4k to get boat back and forth. He also said it should be no problem with my auto pilot. I called him back today and left a message if he would be willing to sell me the engine and all the rigging and have someone here local do the job. Waiting to hear back. Tomorrow my boat is being hauled so should be able to determine if it a rod, piston or outside chance of lower unit.

Back