repower 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black drum

Reaction score
Boat show this week in Md look at motor for repowering my 2120 pilot house what do you guys think about this new mercury 150 fourstroke at a 183ci 3.0l block. would it get the job done?

What is the year of your 2120 and how many hours on the motor?
Just curious...

The next question is what do you do with your boat
How many people and weight usually

First a disclaimer. I say this with much hesitation as I know there will be many who have different opinions on this subject. I personally feel that due it it's weight, a 150 anything is too small for a 2120. Many here have them, love them and praise their fuel efficiency. IMO, I would get at least that new Yamaha 200 4S. It is lighter than the older 4S 200's & 225's and it would have enough reserve power to get the job done when fully loaded and it's needed. I have always been one who would rather have a bigger motor working less than a small one working harder. JMO. To me, its not about top speed, it's about about running at the same given speed with less effort and RPM's. Good luck.

shawnee83":1lzgj7l1 said:
First a disclaimer. I say this with much hesitation as I know there will be many who have different opinions on this subject. I personally feel that due it it's weight, a 150 anything is too small for a 2120. Many here have them, love them and praise their fuel efficiency. IMO, I would get at least that new Yamaha 200 4S. It is lighter than the older 4S 200's & 225's and it would have enough reserve power to get the job done when fully loaded and it's needed. I have always been one who would rather have a bigger motor working less than a small one working harder. JMO. To me, its not about top speed, it's about about running at the same given speed with less effort and RPM's. Good luck.

x's 2

x3...the F200XB has it all over my '03 150 HPDI tho louder at cruise. Used the original gauges and saved on rigging. Scuppers are high and dry as shown in pic.

Attachments

• 2013-08-19 16.33.56.jpg
    2013-08-19 16.33.56.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 511
Reelysalty":34cyyt08 said:
shawnee83":34cyyt08 said:

x's 4

No replacement, For displacement 8)

Mokee

what did it cost you to change the HPDI 150 out for the F200XB
you said you could use all the same gauges and rigging
I have a 2003 HPDI 200 and I love it but its load IMO
Was wondering what the cost was to trade up

Sully, those HDPI's are pretty bullet proof I've heard. They have to be lighter than the F225 I have? Unless it was extremely high on hrs or your thinking you could get some decent $'s out of it by selling as used?? I would run it till it crashed and burned. In my fantisy world, if I was going to repower mine, I would stick the new 300 4.2 liter Offshore on it. 46 lbs lighter than my F225 so why not? That would be awesome!

shawnee83":37m7dfjz said:
Sully, those HDPI's are pretty bullet proof I've heard. They have to be lighter than the F225 I have? Unless it was extremely high on hrs or your thinking you could get some decent $'s out of it by selling as used?? I would run it till it crashed and burned. In my fantisy world, if I was going to repower mine, I would stick the new 300 4.2 liter Offshore on it. 46 lbs lighter than my F225 so why not? That would be awesome!

See you get great info here the new 300 4.2 liter Offshore sounds right to me!!!!!
Ya I was just wondering I have 536 hrs on her and not a hiccup that why I said I'm happy
I'm on some boats with these new 4 stroke and man are they quite compared to my HPDI
So I was just wondering that all... :)

Back