Ride of the 21 degree V - Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned a 31 contender and yes it did do well in 3-4 foot seas at 35knots, but the fact is you had to keep it there. The second you pulled below thirty knots those boats like to kick in their ass a bit and you get very wet and very salty very quickly. I loved my contender, but i don't think it fair to compare any CC with a PH. I knew when i got into my parker that things were going to be different, but when i add up the trade offs i think i came out ahead. The other problem with having to run 35knots in seas is that your 250's are sucking gas quicker then you can imagine.

I have been in some pretty terrible weather over the years and i would hold my Parker up to the worst of it. Sometimes you just need to take it easy and appreciate what surrounds you.

Well said Scoundrel.

The only other major difference I see between the Mod V and DV hulls is, with a DV in certain spacing of seas, you CAN get on top and stay on top (comfortably) like a Contender if you choose. With a Mod V, you cannot do this (comfortably) because of the shallow deadrise at the stern.....simply not an option.

The Mod V handles a following sea very well. The DV handles a following sea unbelievably. It can flat tear it up. I am talking 3-4 footers on fast plane and comfortable, and dry as a bone. I went a 100 miles in real 2-3 occasional 4 following sea and made it home quicker than the trip out which was 1-2 head sea.

I don't know why, but the PH DV takes a following sea much better than a CC DV, and a CC DV takes a head sea MUCH better than the PH DV (due to fwd helm on PH).

jim

Hey guys I appreciate all the helpful info and sharing your experiences with the other Parker products. I am curious to see what the 34 will be like. If not the 34 I will definitely test ride a 28 before I make a move. For now I love my 2520 XL I just wish it didn't beat me up so bad. When I bought the boat in 03 I was 6'3" and now I am a tad under 6 ft.

Back