RingFree ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyP

Reaction score
My mechanic recommends adding RingFree to my fuel. What's your opinion? Is it necessary or an added expense to already expensive fuel? Chevron fuel already has Techron added to it and I thought I read somewhere that RingFree was, essentially, Techron. Am I wrong? Thanks.

BobbyP

search under "fuel" or "trolling" for ring free advice on CP. Seems to be consensus to use, especially if you troll or at idle alott. Two well respected dealer sources I talked with both say that the amount to use per label can be cut in about half the per gallon rate on and still get results. Not sure about the.

I work at a Yamaha dealership and our techs fully recommend Ring
Free to all our customers. They have shown me compression test results
before and after Ring Free and I fully agree that it is a great preventative treatment.

Ringfree is a must. You may not keep the engine long enough to appreciate the difference in an engine that has used the additive regularly and one that has not but the concensus is that it will help your engine's performance and very possibly keep you out of an expensive powerhead repair. I have yet to talk to a mechanic who does not rave about it. I found a dealer who sells the stuff in bulk, bring your own gallon container.
I also use a fuel stabilizer to help offset the greater potential for fuel/water seperation in the new "bio" fuels but that is just me.

Hub

At the parts counter of my local Parker dealer, they have a piston on display from a blown powerhead.
The rings are full of carbon, to the extent that they froze up and took out the piston and the cyl bore. :shock:

Dramatic visual proof of why you should use ringfree at every refueling.

I have read many threads on other sites, not all relating to outboards, but am convinced enough to use SeaFoam over RingFree. I resotre 30-40 year old 2 stroke scooters and have seen unbelievable results with SeaFoam with regards to carbon. I also used it on my OX66 and it worked like a charm.
For those with 2 strokes, take a 2 gallon fuel cell and add the correct oil ratio (vary this if you are oil injected or not) along with SeaFoam and connect to your fuel bulb, bypassing the boat's fuel cell, and run the engine using this mixture and then turn it off and wait for 15 minutes. Reconnect the main fuel line and then notify the harbor patrol so they do not think that there is a fire and torch off your engine, you will piss so many people off with the amount of smoke that comes out, that is your carbon being burned off.
I have performed this with many 2 stroke engines and again, SeaFoam is amazing. My neighbors get a little upset when I am riding a scooter up and down the street after 'SeaFoaming', seriously, you will have people calling 911 thinking that there is a fire.
Anyway, RingFree is a great product, don't get me wrong, but I choose to use SeaFoam, available at any auto parts store.

Save your money. Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel...

Latest posts

Back