Rocker switch panel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps something worth thinking about, but I just rebuilt mine with all new Blue seas switches for about $100.
ee0beaec6a1d807c6cb06fd2de148741.jpg
e7fac452fe860060a0fdde8b89c50546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very impressed with the quality of the Blue Sea switches I installed. My old switches were plastic and I was concerned that bumping them wrong or trying to use them in rough sea could possibly break them. I may add a couple small led lights next to the bilge switches so I don’t leave them on.

mheltunen":1jej7opu said:
I was very impressed with the quality of the Blue Sea switches I installed. My old switches were plastic and I was concerned that bumping them wrong or trying to use them in rough sea could possibly break them. I may add a couple small led lights next to the bilge switches so I don’t leave them on.

7745e61eb57a8c94cbaa9c8aae0e4133.jpg
174c98e5b665799950823eb0e227eefe.jpg
This is my current panel. Switches and breakers will be in tomorrow. Shouldn’t be to difficult to change. I’ll keep you posted.

Check your wire terminations for corrosion. I decided to change all the jumper wires on my panel when it was out. I’ve seen too many wires pull out of old crimp connectors (especially non heat shrink). These guys (http://www.gregsmarinewiresupply.com/) are who I used for all my wire. I like your rocker switches,
My vessel is a 94 vintage so I stayed with the original style but seeing your panel makes me wish I went that route.

Brent":20hzda00 said:
0a31d99105b02e8300925e2b8b07cda6.jpg
Does anyone know what this is? There are two on the back of my panel. The only thing I can think of is some type of current protection similar to a breaker. They are on both the aft and fwd bilge pump switch to breaker.

The diodes were missing on my panel, but I suspect they were removed by a previous owner. Here is a wiring diagram that shows them:
eb65bc68ae2f9f53f413df139ca98ac8.jpg

mheltunen":2umnkzqk said:
The diodes were missing on my panel, but I suspect they were removed by a previous owner. Here is a wiring diagram that shows them:
eb65bc68ae2f9f53f413df139ca98ac8.jpg

I will try to find replacements so everything is the same age. Not sure where to find them.

Keep us posted if you find a source. Mine are missing as well.

Brent":3myrs2b6 said:
It looks like diode controls 2 separate 12V items. I dont have a source and expect it no longer recommended
I think it is for running the bildge pumps when the float is activated. Mine are wire right to the battery

Back