Rocket Launcher Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Madison CT

Reaction score
My boat will be in the water at least another 2 weeks, probably 3. Plenty of Blackfish/Stripers to catch yet.

Anyway, I'm already thinking of winter projects. On tap is a Rocket Launcher. Very similar to this:

LeaningPost.jpg

The thick area is 1" starboard. Dimensions about 33" wide. ~8" front to back.

The working are is about 8" front to back. That's 1/2" starboard.

Best deal I can find on this stuff is on Ebay. The 1" stick board would be about $70 shipped. The 1/2 board about $50 shipped. 4 rod holders about $100.

The pedestal base/mount/spider from Defender.com is: $160 + /-. Still have to shop a deal somewhere else.

So total would be about: $370.00 To buy this unit as is costs $1000.00

Should be a fun little project. I'm sure I can wrangle it under $300.

QUESTION: Does the King Starboard color: "SEAFOAM" match well with the Parker gelcoat?

John are you mounting it in the center of the cockpit?

Also I went by you last Sunday, you where anchored up on inner SW where you not on your boat? I know it was your boat but it didnt seem like you where on it.

Hi Mike. I was on her, yes very inner Southwest. Kind of alone. The fleet was south of me.

The Rocket Launcher will be mounted more aft (toward motor) than center cockpit. Not sure exactly where, but probably ~4' from rear deck. I'll play around with it once it's built.

I'm also debating 15 degree rod holders vs. 30 degree.

Seafoam color does not match. The custom color is Parker white. Call Brown Towles at Finattict Marine in Benson, NC. He can provide you the Starboard or build that piece for you. His prices are very reasonable and he makes all the hatches for Parker now.

Does someone make that particular color just for Parker? I'm looking to make this myself, so just need the stock board itself.

John

John they are not, i bought 2 of them last year and the guys at boats inc warned me they were going to stop making them, i kick myself for not getting 2 more they were only 32$. I actually called them a few weeks ago to confirm and they said due to cost of stamping them they have stopped making them with the Parker logo on them, very disappointing!

Thanks Mike. I'm not suprised. I remember buying them at full retail, $25/each about 6 years ago.

I felt like I was stealing them for that money. :D

Making good progress, but I owe it to my buddy, Albiemanmike (Mike Mayo of Milford, CT). He's got all the tools and the know how to use them.

It's about 80% done.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MjcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MzIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MzMuanBn.jpg

My buddy Albiemanmike continued his mastery today and basically finished the whole thing. My contribution to the making of this was buying the supplies and handing him an occasional screw driver.

The only thing left to do is some final finishing sanding, buying the 30" tall post and the stanchion baseplate, which will allow me to remove the whole thing easily.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0NTEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0NTQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0NTcuanBn.jpg

Beautiful work. 8)
You can be very proud to put that on your boat. :wink:

That looks sweet John, have you decided on the base and mounting location?

Tell Albieman awesome job!! Looks like he had a good shop teacher. :wink:

Bryan: Not exactly sure yet. Have to play with it in the he pit to see how it lays out. Somewhere in the back third, maybe 4' from the transom fish box.

Looks great John. What color starboard did you end up using?

Steve Passing Thru 2120

I ended up buying Seafoam color. I'm going to bring it down my boat today to see how she looks in the daylight on deck. Pics to follow.

Back