Rocket launcher

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake378

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm trying to decide what to do about outfitting my 04 2120 with a rocket launcher. Has anyone had a custom one built and how much was it? I was quoted a price over text messaging for a 10 rod rocket launcher at about $2800 which I feel is insane. Am I wrong? Or is that the going rate for these things??? Another member on my last post said Parker gave him a price of 600 for the stock 6 rod one. Thanks for any help.

that is a rather high price, it would be cheaper to buy the parker one for 600, buy 4 more weld on rod holders and have them welded.

I'm going to 3A marine tomorrow to get a price on the factory one and I am also going to call a few shops to get a price on custom. Lots of work to do this week so I can get this boat in and start fishing.

My dealer installed a custom 10 rod on my 2320 when I bought it new in 2011. I was told it was a local guy making them I think it was $500-$600 range the dealer is Happy Days Boating in Port Clinton, Ohio. they have a web page. I feel it was a very good quality set up.

$500 -$600 would be about right.

Note that the factory ones are polished Stainless..... Aftermarket would probably be Polished alum.

Dealer told me 800 from parker. For the 6 rod stock one. I am going to call around to some local shops to get prices. Thats shipped price also. Sydngoose I like your setup. Thats the pic I sent to a fab shop and got the 2800 price.

sydngoose":7rxu2m4j said:
Here's a 12 rod rocket launcher I had fabricated for my 2120 from Quality T tops in Tarpon Springs, Fl $650 if I remember correctly.
727-942-4397

We have been considering replacing the "factory" 6 rod rack on our 2820. I really like this setup. Can you tell me if the spacing between the rod tubes enough to accommodate 50-class reels?

Like Bobby said, the factory launchers (fabricated locally in NC for Parker) are polished stainless rather than aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,091
Just got off the phone with a local shop and he gave me a price of 800 for 6 rod holders made from aluminum. The factory one seems to be the route I may be going. Unless there is anyone here who knows a boston/ south shore area shop they used and can point me in the right direction. Any help would be great. My dreams of a radar system are slowly being crushed from the price of the rocket launcher!

viper8":321rupwf said:
sydngoose":321rupwf said:
Here's a 12 rod rocket launcher I had fabricated for my 2120 from Quality T tops in Tarpon Springs, Fl $650 if I remember correctly.
727-942-4397

We have been considering replacing the "factory" 6 rod rack on our 2820. I really like this setup. Can you tell me if the spacing between the rod tubes enough to accommodate 50-class reels?

yes it is: we put 50's up there to get them out of the way… I don't know if I'd run with them up there as I don't know what the weight restriction would be w that jarring force of pounding underway…

I'll tell you what I did in completeness: When I bought the hull / motor combo from the dealership, I negotiated the 6 rod rocket launcher from the factory to be added on. Then, I hauled the boat to Quality T tops in Tarpon Springs. Travis then welded 6 MORE rod holders on including the 2 kingfish trolling 45 degree holders that matched the factories 6 all ready on there…. So, my number I reported for cost of labor/ materials did not include the initial rod holder that I negotiated into the the initial sale. For full disclosure on price…so, if you wanted to have it done from start to finish, you'd probably be in the $1200 price range… I'd be looking for a used rocket launcher that someone on this board removes.. then modify through fabrication to meet your needs.

Hope this helps.

Do a search on my posts. I had Bausch do a custom 10 rod holder with outrigger plates. High quality work/detail, great price, and they're across the street from the parker plant. They're also the same company that does the standard rocket launcher from Parker. I won't consider anyone else for any future needs. Contact Tim, CEO, and he will take care of you.
[email protected]

Thank you for the resopnse. Nick I will contact Bausch to see what it would cost me and also for shipping. Thank you.

sydngoose":2i798bqm said:
viper8":2i798bqm said:
sydngoose":2i798bqm said:
727-942-4397

yes it is: we put 50's up there to get them out of the way… I don't know if I'd run with them up there as I don't know what the weight restriction would be w that jarring force of pounding underway…

I'll tell you what I did in completeness: When I bought the hull / motor combo from the dealership, I negotiated the 6 rod rocket launcher from the factory to be added on. Then, I hauled the boat to Quality T tops in Tarpon Springs. Travis then welded 6 MORE rod holders on including the 2 kingfish trolling 45 degree holders that matched the factories 6 all ready on there…. So, my number I reported for cost of labor/ materials did not include the initial rod holder that I negotiated into the the initial sale. For full disclosure on price…so, if you wanted to have it done from start to finish, you'd probably be in the $1200 price range… I'd be looking for a used rocket launcher that someone on this board removes.. then modify through fabrication to meet your needs.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for posting your photos and feedback.

We finally replaced our 6 rod rack with a larger unit that we had built by a local fabricator in Deale MD. We had a completely new and wider rack fabricated in order to maintain adequate spacing between the rear row of launchers. We were able to reuse the original center mounting point, but new holes had to be drilled for the revised rear mounting points (you can see in the second photo where the original rack mounted). The front row of launchers are vertical and the rear row are positioned at 20 deg. This new rack also has two spreader light mounts instead of just one.

We primarily light tackle jig for rockfish, and each person on the boat usually has 3 or 4 of their own rods. We wanted a rack that would allow all of our rods to be stored up and out of the way while we jigged / casted off the back of the boat. This rack holds 15 rods, with 9 optimally positioned for offshore trolling.

Rocket launchers for new Parkers are now manufactured by High Speed Welding (boatTtops.com) in North Carolina. Although they look like polished stainless steel, they are actually highly polished, anodized aluminum. I had Parker delete the rocket launcher on my 2820 now being built and ordered a custom launcher from HSW. Stewart from HSW will be taking measurements of my boat when he's at the Parker factory this week. Initially I ordered a wider than stock launcher holding 8 rods that was $650, but then added 4 more holders in front of the bar, not sure what the extra cost will be but probably not much.

Viper8, sent you a PM.

I had bought 4 bolt on ROD holder and mounted them they were easy to install and work great,easy and affordable!

Viper8, did Quenton in Deale build your rocket launcher? thanks

Back