Rub Rail Damaged

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjmayjr

Reaction score
Hello Gentelmen, I was wonder if you could guide me in the best way to fix a rub rail that is damaged. Heavy winds, and a poorly placed fender has left my starboard rub rail chewed up and disloged on a section about 1.5 feet. I haven't mentioned it to my insurance company, but will do so at the end of the season. Just in case I sustain addition damage. I would prefer to replace the entire starboard side, if not the entire rub rail. I don't want to see a seam on the rail. Just reacently switched insurance companies. I'm using a company called sea insure. Any body familiar with them? Thanks for the help.
Tom[/quote]

What part got chewed up? The rubber part that sets in the rail or the rail itself?

If it's the rubber part, it is easily replaced. Just pull out the old molding and replace with new. Just make sure you get the correct length for the entire run. Don't want to "splice" your molding. Looks tacky.

If the rail has been dislodged, just remove the rubber insert and drill a new hole in a location other than but near the old hole. Secure with SS screw and washer, then re insert the rubber part.

Don't ask me how I know this :oops:

Check to make sure that the wave action hasn't cracked or fractured the fiberglass under the rail part. If it did, don't waste your time screwing in new fasteners. Won't hold.

Get the glass fixed first.

Back