Rub Rail leak - water in bilge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmoore

Reaction score
I have six month old 2320 and noticed wet carpet in the port side of forward cabin. Looks to be coming from the rub rail seam. Coincidentally I’ve been noticing more water in the bilge than normal and noticed the foam was wet on the aft corner port side of fuel tank. I need to rule out my 65 gallon bait tank plumbing having some sort of slow drip leak, but also curious if a rub rail leak could funnel water back to the bilge and possible get the foam against fuel tank wet too ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is drainage from anchor locker to aft bilge. In the cabin or berth, do you any deck plates? Usually there is a forward bilge pump. Pop open the pie plate and check pump is working. Sometimes the limber hole in the cabin accumulates stuff from building and needs to be removed so water will flow. My forward bilge collects some water that the pump does not remove and can be removed with a wet dry vacuum. Maybe checking rub tails
fasteners from inside the boat are tighten regardless they need to be tighten by removing rub rail insert not the entire rail and sealed or sealant can be applied to top or bottom of where the rub rail base mets the hull. Maybe missing fasteners. I don't know. Use the Search and enter rub, rail, leak , etc and spend a little time reading. I would be calling the salesman, service manager and owner to make it right after you check out the others possibilities.

B2

Brent":2jbuhltm said:
You have 2 bilges: forward one in the cabin and aft by transom.

B2
Thanks For the feedback Brent. The newer 2320’s only have an aft bilge and bilge pump. I spoke with the dealer and they said they will pull the rub rail and reseal when I bring it in for the hundred hour service, so that’s cool !

Just wanted to give an update. We unscrewed the forward section of rub rail and filled all screw holes with sealant. This has fixed the issue of wet carpet in forward birth. Regarding my water in bilge comment....we’ll it has been bone dry the last few trips. The little bit of water that gets in there ( in my case ) is only coming from the anchor locker on snotty days.

I used 5200.... I know others like 4200, but I’ve never had issues removing small screws with 5200....I just don’t use it on larger flat surfaces that can really get stuck together, but for screws it’s always worked great and has been easy to remove. The trick to removing the rub rail is to just remove a few feet at a time and work your way around. It really helps to have two people so someone can hold the rub rail while you try and line up screws into the holes again.

Back