Rust Stain on Deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvan

Reaction score
Someone put a metal box on the deck and left a rust mark in the shape of the box on the cockpit deck. Tried Orpine and Starbrite Deck Cleaner but could not get the stain out. Any suggestions?

Give Barkeepers friend a try. Dale told me about it. It is simply amazing. Sprinkle BarKeepers friend on the stain and let it sit then hose off. Stain will be gone.

Hey... mix Barkeepers Friend and ketchup together.
What have you got to loose? :D

CLR - Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover will take that up easily. It's available and most any home store.

Barkeepers Friend. If it's a small area, make a liquid paste out of it, apply, let sit for 2-3 minutes, wipe, rinse. DO NOT SCRUB TOO HARD on smooth gelcoat.

I have seen mentioned "Barkeepers Friend" several times on this board. Please tell me where I can get "Barkeepers Friend".

SommerTime

Megabyte":27bi94ga said:
Hey... mix Barkeepers Friend and ketchup together.:D

Mmmmmmmmmmm ......Barkeepers Friend and ketchup together

Sommer Time,

Bar Keepers Friend can usually be found in the grocery store in the area where you find the household cleaning powders such as Comet, etc. Previously, I thought someone on Classic Parker mentioned a liquid version but I have only seen the powder form.

Barkeepers Friend is an excellent product. I tried it last year, and it really does the best job I have seen on my Parker hands-down, compared to other hull and deck cleaners that I have used in the past.

any of the rust off products that clean dishwashers, rust away, lime away etc. grocery store shelves loaded. i like the rust away red and white jug mix it with water spay on brown stain from susky gone in seconds no scub do not breath, down wind you know the drill. tinman bel air md.

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried the ketchup and left it on over an hour but it only lightened the stain.

Back