salt away

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captnick

Reaction score
I recently started using salt away on a 1 year old F200XB. How often do you guys who use it run it through? A friend of mine does it every few trips. How long do you run it through? I've been running it through for about 30-60 seconds and shutting it down while it's still foaming. Any other tips appreciated.

I had a 2004 F225 Yamaha that rotted a hole in the block after 14 seasons/1100 hours. I flushed it thoroughly every time with fresh water. I'm going the extra mile this time, even if it's over kill. Then again if this new F200 lasts 14 years I'll be eighty three by then(maybe). :wink:

I use after every trip and fill the cup up and when it’s not blue anymore then it’s done and I let the freshwater go through for few more minutes. Overall takes about 5-7 minutes I would guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use saltaway after every trip but I reversed the process. First 7-10 minutes of flushing is with fresh water. Last flush is with saltaway for about 5 minutes without rinsing with fresh water again. That was the tech advice from the local Saltaway office. Make good sense to leave some of that good residue in the system. I do the same for the trailer brakes. So far I’ve had no issues in the last 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back