Saltwater Series 2 OX 66

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulllseyee

Reaction score
Well guys Im 2 for 2 on motor failure on the past two trips out. Hopefully you guys can HELP! Running full throttle at 5200 RPM's I am getting complete loss of power and the motor shutting itself off with no alarm. Plenty of oil in the resevoir and the motor is not hot. It will run great for hours and then BOOm no power and throw everybody into the dashboard? Turn the key and shell fire right up and run fine... any ideas? Also Im noticing a light rattle at low rpm's. Maybe just this motors notorious rough idle? The sound is more noticable in the shaft area of the lower unit, not near the powerhead. Thanks Bullseye

I'd be checking for a loose electrical connection.
Sounds to me like you have a ground that isn't clean or tight.

Pull the cowl and look for the ground that goes to the engine block.
Check to see if it is clean and tight.

There was a member here in the past who had intermittent electrical problems and he traced his problem to the engine block ground.
As I recall, his symptoms were similar to yours.

I had the same problem with my old motor. Turned out one of the low pressure fuel pumps was bad and at full throttle the high pressure fuel pump would run out of fuel because the low pressure pumps could not keep up when running WOT or even a high cruise. The problem went away after changing the low pressure pumps. This may or may not be your problem but it is easy to check the low pressure pumps, just unbolt each pump from the block and squeeze the primer bulb while watching for a leak from the low pressure pumps.

Good point Bill.

If the low pressure pumps are more than 3 years old, it's time to replace them.

Have you ever changed your low pressure pumps, cleaned/replaced your VST filter and cleaned your O2 sensor. If you have any problem with the Ox66 you need to be sure these 3 things are done.

Do these first, then you can look at other things. (if they don't fix the problem, but they often do)

Latest posts

Back