San Diego Albacore. Broken gaff.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150dude

Reaction score
Went about 50 miles out of San Diego and started trollin towards the 182. Lots of radio chatter. Everyone was sharing information and no-one was worried about keeping "secrets".
We caught one nearer the 181 then nada for an hour. Then we discovered our lines were twisted! CRAP!
Our gaff broke bringing in the first fish so I sacrificed an old cheap rod I had by cutting it about 1/2 way with my spyderco, then lashing on the remaining gaff with mono and a piece of cord. (Check it in the first pic) It'll make a good back-up.
Anyway... we caught 5 more and lost one all on the troll. Two doubles.
We tryed farming them to the boat with finbait but they were not interested. Did hear some chatter that some people catchin'm on live bait, but mostly on the troll.
Lots of meter marks reported and the fish seemed to be hunkered down aroung 60'.
Our crew included both of my boys, Matt and Joe, and my brother Phil. Made it a special trip for me!
Heard a report of a bluefin caught near the 182. Unk size.
Nostrovia,
dave

Attachments

• DSCN7734sml.JPG
    DSCN7734sml.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN7730.JPG
    DSCN7730.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN7732.JPG
    DSCN7732.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN7738sml.JPG
    DSCN7738sml.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 73
Dave,
I've been chompin' at the bit to get out there but have been so busy with other obligations. Glad to hear you got some. I'm hoping to get out there near the end of the month for my turn. Randy.

Latest posts

Back