Saw a trailered boat with triple Verado 300s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.A. Veil

Reaction score
In order to keep the black-engined legions happy, I thought I would report about the power excess I saw today. I commute home from Washington to Annapolis along Rt 50. Today I saw a large boat (still shrink-wrapped) with triple Mercury Verado 300-hp engines on a flat bed trailer. When I passed it near the Beltway, the semi and trailer were parked on the right hand shoulder. To my surprise, just 20 miles and about 17 minutes later, the same truck blew past me.

We don't see too may triple-engine boats in Annapolis. Maybe the trucker used some of that horsepower to push his truck down the highway at top speed. I can't imagine the fuel bills on that rascal. As I recall, Verados require premium fuel too.

The Verado's are growing on me. I can honestly say I would like to see them on Parkers, or more to the point ... mine !

8)

That boat you saw is most likely a 33' or better FISHING MACHINE! My brother owns a 33 Hydrasports center console with triple Yamaha's. A lot of the Kingfish tournament guys run the trips, because they "run and gun" all day. Now the gas bill is a different story....triple 250 Verados on a 33"boat will get less than one mile per gallon at cruise, in fact it will get about .8-.9mpg at cruise, and about .5 at max speed, which is 50mph. Last year we took the Hydraports to the Bahamas and blew $3K on gas in 4 days. We split the bill, but it still hurt the wallet. You don't see many of those boats up north, but we've got plenty of them down here in Florida. Guys that run to the Keys, Bahamas,etc, can get to where they're going and back fast. They don't care about the gas bill.

Back