Screen clip changeover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
Since they now have switched over to plastic clips and no longer sell the aluminum springs I bought 4 plastic clips at 4 bucks each. I put screen in my vise and used a drill bit just about the size of the hole and was able to enlarge the opening about 1/4" and widen it a tad to accept plastic clip.The clips would rust out every year anyway an have to be thrown out and replaced. Hopefully this plastic clip lasts alot longer.

John, I hate those dang clips...If it wasn't for the no-see-ums and the greeniers, I would remove my screens altogether. I too have replaces the springs several times myself. Do you have any pics of the retro-fit?

I have been using my screens without any clips for about 5 years. I find that I dont need them.

FWIW I replaced mine (the old ones were carbon spring steel and therefore would rust) w/ homemade stainless steel ones.

Sorry I was on vacation down in Cabo and was unable to log on from their server.
It was a easy fix. All you need to do it get a sharp drill bit a hair larger than the hole that's there and reem it out to about 1/4". I didn't take any pictures, but I am going fishing in the am and if I remember I will take a picture.
With all the no see'ems and Green Flies here you need screens, esp in mid July when I am making my way out of the creek.

Back