Seaview radar mount....huh?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
I'm installing my Raymarine HD 18" radome on my Steiger and decided to use the Seaview 5" forward tilt radar mount. This was the same one I used on my Parker 5 years ago. The old style was easy to install, and just worked well.
Here it is:

Well, I purchased the same unit from Seaview, except I also ordered the add on light bar.
The new units come in multiple parts such as the base, the top plate, and then the light bar ( if so desired)
I can't believe the how poorly thought out these things are. They provide you with a gasket that is the size of a tennis ball that fits poorly and then want you to seal in place with 3M 4000. The light bar has cheesy gasket that you're supposed to clamp to.

I'm going to use a BlueSeas clam shell where the radar cable goes thru the hard top. Then I'll set the tower base over the clam.
I already sealed the holes with Smith's penetrating epoxy sealer.
Here is the new one:

I also found it hard not to bend the radar cable too much. Raymarine says not to bend it too acutely.

Anyone use these mounts and have any tips or suggestions ?

Attachments

• IMG_0542 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0542 (640x480).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 172
Ok finally.....
I thought Apples were easier to use than a PC.....

Attachments

• seaview.jpg
    seaview.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 166
any way you can get me the measurment from the top of your roof to the top of the light Thanks Donnie

Hopefully the scanstrut will be the traditional type as opposed to how seaview is doing it.

My install worked out ok, but Not the best design IMO.

wildman":202y5h9e said:
any way you can get me the measurment from the top of your roof to the top of the light Thanks Donnie

Sorry about the delay Donnie....

I measured from the top of the hardtop to the top of the light bar. Approx. 24.75" high.

Back