Second battery install - 1800 CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave1800

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to install a second battery in the console of my 1998 18’ parker 1800. Not sure how I should be securing the battery box to the floor? I was told my boat has an upgraded 60 gallon fuel tank and I’m not sure if it runs under the console? I don’t want to put a screw into the tank. Is anybody familiar with what’s under the console or how to best secure the battery/box?

Once I figure this out I may need assistance with the wiring?

Thanks

Dave

Not familiar with your exact boat. Usually there is a inspection piehole that can be removed to see what's going on in there.

Ok thanks for the response. There is a big black boot around the cables I'll try and remove to take a better look. I wonder if Parker has schematics available for download or upon request?

Dave

You should have 2 inspection hatches. One is in front, another is behind the console. If you have your tank seen in both, chances are tank runs between them. Also, if you are thinking to install 2nd battery, the only way to get to the back from the console is through that black booth cover. If I were to do the job I would consider placing both of them into console to unload your aft. Your expense is in the electric cable, make sure it is thick enough to carry the energy to crank the engine. If it melts, you are chancing to go up in flames( it will run over the top of the gas tank. When it comes to tank dimensions, you can also see/feel for it's width through the hatches. it is sitting between 2 stringers in the foam.

Mike

You can also glue a couple strips of 1/2" or 5/8" pvc trim (like Azek from home depot) down with 5200 and screw into this.

But you should be able to see how far below the deck the tank is when you look at the fill and sender connections like Fishaddict said.

Thanks for the replies. I did get a look from the inspection hole and by removing the black boot. It looks like the tank is down about four inches so I'm be ok to put a few shallow screws into the floor.

As for the second battery, I have been thinking of moving both batteries forward to the console. I think I need to buy expensive cable either way. What gauge should I be buying to go from the battery selector switch to the second battery 4/0?

Thanks

Dave

Back