Second station rigging problems

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Reaction score
I started adding a bulkhead station to my 2004 2120 last year and got too busy at work to finish it. Trying to do that now. I used a Uflex helm. The helm in the cabin is a Seastar. I'm trying to rig the steering. The Uflex uses 3/8" hard nylon tubing. The original Sea star tubing is flexible and is bigger diameter. What kind of fittings do I need to tee the Uflex tubing to the Seastar?

I finally have the steering working. For posterity, here is what I found out. The Seastar hoses are an odd size and hydraulics stores won't have fittings for them. The choices are to re-plumb with Seastar or aftermarket hose, or re-plumb with the Uflex 3/8" hard nylon tubing. The tees provided by Uflex will work with the hoses or the nylon tubing w/ compression nuts. I ended up doing some of each. New hoses from the tees back the the steering cylinder and the rest nylon tubing. Now to the throttle and shifting cables.

I finally have the steering working. For posterity, here is what I found out. The Seastar hoses are an odd size and hydraulics stores won't have fittings for them. The choices are to re-plumb with Seastar or aftermarket hose, or re-plumb with the Uflex 3/8" hard nylon tubing. The tees provided by Uflex will work with the hoses or the nylon tubing w/ compression nuts. I ended up doing some of each. New hoses from the tees back the the steering cylinder and the rest nylon tubing. Now to the throttle and shifting cables.

To add to the confusion, the age of the helm makes a big difference. I’m not sure how long it’s been, at least five years since the threads on the helm pump switched from NPT to ORB. The older helms are NPT the newer ORB and they’re not compatible. You will damage an older helm attempting to thread in and ORB and likewise NPT into a newer helm. ORB fitting have an rubber o-ring and do not require thread sealant, the old style NPT fittings do not have an O-ring and do require thread sealan...

This is good information to learn about; thanks!

The old Seastar helm looks like NPT on the helm, but the other end of the fittings are the same as the new Uflex helm.

Good luck with this project, I did mine about 10 years ago if you need any info let me know, it's a project but it can be done yourself. I put (DS) Dual Switching units in for the shifting that was when I had a mechanical shifting Yamaha motor. I have since upgraded to a Suzuki fly by wire in 2018

I have the DS units and cables for throttle and shifting. Just need the time to mess with them.

Back