• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Seeking 25 Parker or Similar

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sealion

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Kevin Colter. I am the owner of a dive shop in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico named Amigos Del Mar. If you go to www.amigosdelmar.com you will see a little about us.

I am in the process of looking to add a new boat to our small fleet of
3 boats.

I am seeking a 25 - 30 foot boat with the helm forward and very large open cockpit aft. As an example, the perfect boat for us, in my mind, is the Parker 25. Their 25' with the standard cabin is perfect. Companies called C-Hawk and Steiger Craft produce similar designs.

I've found quite a few of these for sale out on the east coast but the cost of transporting of them across the country is prohibitive. So i'm looking for a boat of the west coast or at least nearer to the west coast.

2) Key number for me is the dimension of the cockpit. (inside dimensions, not beam which is of course the outside dimension) To comfortably accommodate the kind of group I need to carry and make this boat profitable I need an inside cockpit size of 12' x 8' minimum. That's 12' x 8' of flat open floor.

3) At a full load I'd be carrying 8 passengers and 2 crew. Figure a total weight full of passengers and gear of about 2800 - 3000lbs. I need to do 20 kts at 3/4 throttle with this load.

4) I don't want an engine box in the cockpit (takes up too much floor space, that eliminates most I/O set ups.) so I really think outboard power is the way for me to go. I'd probably rather buy just the hull, as I'd prefer to buy the engine from my dealer down here. We of course get better service that way. So, if you have a boat with a bad engine or no engine that's not a problem.

5) I'm not overly concerned about cosmetics as long as the hull is sound.

6) In general I'm probably looking more for a heavy work boat than a pleasure boat.

Please feel free to contact me if you have anything I might be interested in.

You can reply via this forum. You can also call me on our U.S. Phone line (513) 898 0547 while that's a U.S. number it rings here in mexico

Thanks,

Kevin
Amigos Del Mar de Los Cabos

Latest posts

Back