Self Deploying Anchor for 2320???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurt

Reaction score
Currently have a fortress style anchor on our 2320 with factory pulpit and Lewmar 700. Anchor does not want to self deploy at all and threatens fiberglass damage upon retrieval so it ends up needing help going out and coming in. Did a search and it seems lack of self deploying is a common problem. Any suggestions on a lazier to use alternative anchor?

Thank you,

Kurt

Thank you Brent. Do you have a length or chain before the anchor? Do you have to help align the anchor when it comes in or does it nest fine by itself?

I haven’t tried that and will next time out. It still won’t come in properly though. Thanks again.

Tried the current setup again yesterday. It only self deployed one time out of five. I looked up the anchor and its an inexpensive 13lb Seachoice. I think the straight, and relatively heavy compared to the flukes, shaft doesn't help it. Measured chain length and have 15 foot before the rode. What do you think about this 22lb anchor.

https://www.amazon.com/Lewmar-Stainless ... th=1&psc=1

Is this unnecessary and/or too big to fit? Thinking 8 lbs of extra weight would only help the self deploying and righting when bringing it in.

Thanks,

Kurt

Works perfectly going out and coming in. Thanks Brent!

Kurt

Attachments

• Anchor 2.jpg
    Anchor 2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 183
Amazon for the Anchor and Wholesale Marine for the swivel. Used it quite a few times today and it failed to deploy once, but came in properly every time. A bump in reverse would have released it but my son was up there to give it a kick.

Back